Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Debt/Credit Scores

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Brent, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

So I've recently become OBSESSED with my credit score.

I had like a 500 something a couple years back, just bad stuff... then married into debt.

Thankfully over the last 2 months I've come across about 40K in additional income (sup Army re-enlistment bonus and tax return) and shot up like 150 points to get me to 730. Crazy stuff.

Anyone above 750? total goal status now, just addicted to seeing it go up now... no idea why either, just want to see it in "excellent" with no bills outside of phone/utilities.

Also, sorta drunk right now, but whatever.

Credit scores are a crutch to life.

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Been above 750 for three years now.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

whats a good way to check? I haven't looked in at least 8 years.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I guess my bank has free monitoring. I'm at 755.

Brent likes this.
  5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I stick with Credit Karma and Mint. THey just updated me saying 731 now. It's like a drug... lol. I was legit at low 600's last month but then when I got my bonus and paid off stuff shot me up 100 then I just got my tax return and paid off stuff yesterday, hoping that ups my stuff a bit. 686 isn't nothing to scoff at, Id be happy at that even two months ago.755 is legit AF though.

David Parke likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Deployment money and the GI Bill kept me in the black. Army did great things for me.

Brent likes this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

My sister unit has been asking for volunteers for a fall deployment to UAE and I'd jump on that in a heartbeat if I wasn't already here at Knox for recruiting school. Deployments and tax returns from that have helped out immensely.

8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Also, national average is 657.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Do you get hazardous for UAE? All of the guys I worked with from there were amazing. They invited us over a few times to smoke hookah. lol

10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

lol nah man it was a joke... Dubai Mall/beach every weekend. Only good thing was separation and tax free pay. Loved it over there though. Beer was expensive as hell though. Lots of great nations to work alongside with though.

11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

last i checked mine was 743, good times

Brent likes this.
  12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

mine is v bad because of being like homeless at 18 which is just peachy, but I’m finally in a place in life to start chipping away and it’s on the rise ever slowly

GrantCloud and dylan like this.
  14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

It annoys me that mine isn't higher simply because I won't carry debt into the interest paying months.

Brent likes this.
  15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Credit karma always said mine was in the 600s in the fair range, but I recently checked and it was in the 700s. I know i could get it higher but I get a lot of anxiety putting on more debt. I have student loans and a credit card but I won't let the credit card gain any interest. Eventually I will prob have to finance a newer car but I wish I lived in a world where I could pay things in cash and credit scores would leave me alone!!

Brent likes this.
  16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I have around $88K in student loans, do I lose the thread?

Mr. Serotonin and coleslawed like this.
  17. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Just checked Mint, guess I'm at 800 now.

18. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

at like 720ish last time i checked, i think

19. scroopy.noopers

: (

lol I ain't checking that shit until I start working ft after I get my BA

Mr. Serotonin, coleslawed and Brent like this.
  20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin and Brent like this.
  21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

22. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

lol I'm terrified to check mine.

I know it's real bad.

Like, defaulted student loan bad.

23. Eric Angelvoice

Congratulations on getting it up there. I'm around 760 so not that far up but I've heard it's a good place to be. I think our credit rating is a little different than yours though (US).

24. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

this thread inspired me to check mine after it dropped to an all time low of 695 over the past few months and it's actually risen back to 705. my all time high was last year at 785 but then financial troubles happened and my credit card became our only viable option for making ends meet for a bit. i ahve abt $9,000 in CC debt across 3 cards, but i have no student loans so i'm still able to sleep at night without totally panicking.

Brent likes this.
  25. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Mine is around 780. No late payments over the course of 7 years.

Brent likes this.