Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Death • Page 8

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dominick, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah I get all of that. I go over to my dad's during the holidays cause my brother is gone now and my dad just lives at our old childhood home by himself. That house is like a time capsule from 2009 so it's very tough to be there but also kind of comforting in a way too.

2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Update on my uncle: he got set up with in home hospice last week. He had a few seizures earlier in the week that left him hospitalized both times, basically making him more weak each time so they had to up his medication. It’s finally starting to hit me emotionally/mentally because just 6 months ago or so he was a functioning/coherent human and now he struggles to put sentences together so he just has one or two word responses. They are saying he just has maybe a month or so left, I literally can’t imagine having a timeline for my death. His daughter and two grandkids are coming to visit from Florida this weekend to see him, so the family is happy they are coming up because she was putting off visiting until “after”. I’ve seen him two times since thanksgiving and I’m glad I got to spend the time with him, even if I did breakdown emotionally after both times, lol. He’s the one family member I could always connect with when I would have seen him, and seeing him this way is just a lot.

3. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Mr. Serotonin and disambigujason like this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My cousin recently committed suicide. He was my age and we were close as kids. It's jarring how different life trajectories can go. He was homeless but had just gotten a job and spent his first paycheck on meth. They found him hanged in his tent with drugs all around. Idk idk. I've been having bad dreams and trouble sleeping since. We weren't close anymore but it is bothering me more than I expected. Then the family drama that comes with a death. Idk. It just sucks.

incognitojones and RamonaQuimby like this.
  6. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

My uncle just passed away and I am very relieved he's not suffering anymore.

K0ta, GrantCloud and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. jkauf Feb 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 27, 2020)
    jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

My dad had a heart attack and died this morning while in Mexico on my parents annual anniversary trip. It’s fucked up and surreal in general, but the circumstances are really messing with me. It happening then. My poor mother having to deal with all of that alone while we are back here. Plus I didn’t get to say goodbye and I don’t even really remember when I last saw him or what we talked about. Even though we had a difficult relationship, especially since leaving my childhood religion, and didn’t always see eye to eye, I know he loved me and he was doing his best/what he thought was right. I loved him too and am going to miss him.

8. Mr. Serotonin

Damn. I'm so sorry :heart:

9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This is hell.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i hope your entire family and any other of your dad's friends and loved ones can find peace during this time. i’m terribly sorry dude

11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Sorry, just don’t know where else to vent...

But turns out I didn’t truly know what grief was until now.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I don't have any valuable information but I lost my dad to a heart attack unexpectedly too. The circumstance of having your parents on an anniversary vaca is absolutely terrible. Me and my dad didnt leave on good terms but we were very close when I grew up.

I was in the depths of my addiction when he died and six months prior he had to fire me after I got caught stealing from his company. We talked 3 days before he died for the first time in 6 months thankfully, it wasnt the best talk but we got a lot off our chests.

Anyways, I cried myself to sleep every night the next 2 months and completely understand your pain. I had the wrinkle of being a drug addict so I went to rehab and got a lot of therapy and also went through a 12 step process for my immense grief of him passing. I truly thought me getting fired from his company was what caused his health to deteriorate and ultimately led to his demise. Again, I don't have any pearls of wisdom for you because everyones situtaion is so different but therapy can help you a ton, you need someone to lay this out to and vent to. Otherwise, you are going to ruminate in your head about it and be miserable. Therapy really helped me make peace with my dad passing, it will be 5 years in a couple weeks since he died and I have made major strides in my life and found a way to honor him even though he is gone.

I hope this can motivate you to go find help, it is worth it and the pain will never leave you but it is possible to live and be happy again, I promise.

K0ta, Mr. Serotonin, Serh and 3 others like this.
  13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly, this is the best thing anyone has said to me in the last 3 days. Thank you.

Mr. Serotonin and oldjersey like this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Good i'm glad, you can always PM me

jkauf likes this.