Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Death Stranding (PS4, Nov. 8th 2019) Video Game • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

phaynes12 likes this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

hell yeah

3. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I made it west!!!

4. GBlades

Trusted

This is a perfect mixture of overwhelming adventure and loneliness. When you press the touchpad and Sam shouts hoping for a response and one actually comes back will always get to me.

coleslawed and mescalineeyes like this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

There actually aren't nearly as many cutscenes in this as I thought there would be, at least at the point I'm at. I've been on episode 2 for like 2 days now and don't think I've seen more than maybe one or two

6. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

They saved all the cutscenes for the beginning and the end. The everything in between is almost all gameplay.

7. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Near the end of ep 3 The cutscene with Fragile running through the Timefall was so good. I’m loving this whole section

mescalineeyes likes this.
  8. Vivatoto

Episode 4 is awesome.

9. GBlades Nov 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2019)
    GBlades

Trusted

Managed to kill(?) my first Catcher from doing a delivery request to the Wind Mill Farm and I used the bike because there's a LOT of equipment when numerous orders are done. I ended up getting stuck and the BTs pulled me off the bike and dragged me and took me to a Dolphin that I had to throw my own-blood filled Grenades and it worked! I thought killed a Catcher would remove BT activity in the area but that's it. Still on chapter 2 but I'm actually loving the delivery portion of the game. Allowed you to product strategies to get to destinations quickly with the numerous ways you can do it. So far, forgetting other games I've played, this might be my GOTY so far.
    It's a beautful looking game and not just the connections but HOW they are connected is a great feature. Reading the emails to find other side activities to do. It really solidifies the gameplay when Timefalls randomly appear and your odradek goes crazy, your BB goes mental and end up tip-toeing around whilst only your own blood-filled grenade.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just got to Episode 3. Going really slow but I'm really enjoying it

Didn't expect a boss fight lol. Also from the one appearance he's had Higgs seems ripped straight from a MGS game

11. GBlades

Trusted

I was under the impression that if you defeated a catcher the BTs for the area disappeared. Went back to the Wind Farm and my Odradek span like hell.

12. GBlades

Trusted

20 hours in and I've just reached Port Knot City! This game really has a way of making you feel alone in the world. When you climb over that mountain just before PKC and the music kicks in.... that ambience is incredible.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just got to episode 5 and I'm fully obsessed now

Vivatoto and mescalineeyes like this.
  14. Vivatoto

Nearing the end and all the cut scenes and story are absolutely phenomenal. Full Kojima and I love it.

15. GBlades

Trusted

I am still on Episode 3. Took a few days off but started to build a road. Came back and the road was built for me. The community aspect of this is fascinating!

16. Syre Dream

Regular

Just finished this, and holy shit the last 5-6 chapters are incredible. The writing and acting are just WOW. This is my GOTY and its not even close.

Vivatoto likes this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just got to chapter 10 Higgs is dead (presumably?) and I just got tasked with going all the way back across the map, about how much longer do I have if I just play story missions, including cutscenes?

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I just started this and I’m confused (on everything) but how exactly do “likes” work? It seems like they are basically experience points, get enough and you’re carrying abilities level up? But I just got a ton of likes for building a road (I think it was 455? Which is considerably higher than deliveries so far) and no level up.

what is the incentive for doing the optional deliveries?

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've done maybe like two optional deliveries and that's just because they were to places I was going to anyway, I haven't figured out the answer to that either lol

20. GBlades

Trusted

Likes are just a fun aspect of it, it's great to see that other players are using your structures and the likes show that. The ore deliveries you do, the more you can carry and other things "level up". The incentive is that you get some cargo that helps like custom grenades and stuff that will just be a great addition to the journey.

What chapter are you on? It all clicked for me after Chapter 3

21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Can anyone tell me roughly how much more of the game I have left? I just Beat Higgs..

I genuinely don't know if I even like this game. It feels like a mess, and I'm starting to lose interest after what I assumed was the end of the game

22. Driving2theBusStation Dec 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 8, 2019)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

just finished it and this is more or less my reaction too.

23. Syre Dream

Regular

At least 5 hours? I think

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is where the story really kicks in, you basically never have to make another delivery if you don't want to iirc

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don’t think I’ve ever gone from digging a game to hating it quite like this. I just hit a wall about 25 hours in where I realized how unbearably repetitive it is and how the story is just nonsense. I’m currently stuck at the end credits where Bridget is just rambling for 15+ minutes and I’m legit starting to get mad. I just want it to end since I came this far, but the last ten hours or so have been such a slog.

some very cool designs and ideas but it ultimately is just a mess to me.