Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Death Note (Adam Wingard, 2017) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Viva Sonata, Sep 16, 2016.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I don't even remember where the first one left off, I don't think it got into any of the Near or Mello stuff.

2. QueSuertejazz

Regular Supporter

I'm sure this will be great.

Henry likes this.
  3. RyanPm40 Nov 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2019)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

They just need to reboot the whole damn thing and replace everyone who isn't Dafoe. Give us a real adaptation of the anime. The first movie got the characters all wrong.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

just rehire the studio who did the anime and have them reboot/sequel the series with new characters

that lore and universe is ripe for more thrilling storylines. give the death note to a new character.

RyanPm40 and Joe4th like this.
  5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I don't feel like any new Death Note is really needed but if they need to make more this is all I'd be interested in.

Your Milkshake and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. QueSuertejazz

Regular Supporter

Honestly, I really want a second Netflix movie by the same people. I thought the first was so unintentionally hilarious, that I have to see what they do with Near and Mello.

7. RyanPm40

I could see the argument that it was so bad that it's funny. Good contender for MST3000

QueSuertejazz likes this.
  8. QueSuertejazz

Regular Supporter

Hey, Netflix owns the rights for both, so don’t rule it out! Haha

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

My God that would be so funny for one Netflix show to totally trash another

10. QueSuertejazz

Regular Supporter

It would be so great. I can’t even begin to fathom the meta jokes that MST3000 would pull out. They could easily do a season of terrible quality Netflix stuff.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

why not? the series only has 30 something episodes. the context of a death note user’s story and setting can be wide open when you think about it. also theres probably even some compelling story beats that could be told in the shinigami realm.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. I haven't seen the Netflix movie yet, and probably won't, but Light vs. L is such an iconic anime rivalry, and if they managed to screw that up, then an adaption of the already middling Near/Mello source material is doomed to be another trainwreck. Which is good if you're into that sort of thing?

RyanPm40 likes this.