Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Death Cab for Cutie Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

The Photo Album is incredible what is wrong with you people.

Seriously though it is brilliant.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think The Photo Album has a lot of problems with vocal melody and that's a big deal for me. I'd put it about on par with Kintsugi.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Photo, Facts and Trans are my faves

4. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Steadier Footing, Movie Script, Blacking Out The Friction, Kaleidoscope, Coney Island and Debate Exposes Doubt are all top-tier DCFC for me.

"I don't mind the weather..."

OotyPa likes this.
  5. SpyKi

I really, really don't like Steadier Footing or Movie Script. Like I prefer every song on Kinstugi and even Codes and Keys to those two songs. I love the other four though.

6. OotyPa

fall away

Movie Script Ending is my fav death cab song what the hell

7. SpyKi

There's just nothing I like about it. The music sounds jumbled in a bad way I don't think the lyrics are good or interesting and I really don't like the vocal melodies, especially the HIGH WAY HIGH WAY.

8. Collins

Trusted

Movie Script, Steadier Footing, We Laugh Indoors, Styrofoam Plates, and Why'd You Want to Live Here are all great DC tunes but it's not enough to push that album above Airplanes or Narrow Stairs for me.

9. SpyKi

Kalaidoscope, Styrofoam and Debate Exposes Doubt alone are enough for me to put it over Airplanes.

10. Collins

Trusted

I love the Lo-fi sound of Airplanes. The first six songs are so, so good.

Paddy likes this.
  11. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I was having a Death Cab revival today. Started looking at their discography and my god. Their run from 2000 to 2005 has gotta be unmatched. They released four stellar albums in a span of five years. Pretty incredible run.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Transatlanticism might be in my top 5 albums ever now, alongside Commit This To Memory, TDAGARIM, Deja, and For Emma Forever Ago.

Going through a break up of a long term relationship right now, and since I only discovered Death Cab properly four years ago (actually when I met this girl), this album in particular is really helping. I think the title track, Title & Registration, and the last track are my favourites but it's hard to choose when every song is a 9 or 10/10.

SpyKi likes this.
  13. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Sound of Settling is the only misstep on the entire album and even then it's not actually a bad song.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's my least favourite, and it's still a really good, well written song.

15. SpyKi

The Sound of Settling is incredible. My least favourite on there is either Lightness or Death of an Interior Decorator and they're still 9/10 songs.

coleslawed and Benjamin Lee like this.
  16. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Death of an Interior Decorator is my least favorite song on Transatlanticism too. Still love it though.

17. SpyKi

It's amazing, every single song on there is special. Easily one of my favourite albums ever.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I can't pick a least favorite they all feel essential. Transatlanticism is one of the best indie rock albums ever

Benjamin Lee and SpyKi like this.
  19. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I was not an early Death Cab fan, I jumped on halfway through and before Plans so I don't share the same disappointment completely with their current direction. Here are my favorites

Transatlanticism > Plans > Narrow Stairs = Kintsugi > The Photo Album > Codes and Keys > We Have the Facts > Something About Airplanes

I also think The Open Door EP should get more recognition - "Little Bribes" and "My Mirror Speaks" are two very underrated DCFC jams.

20. SpyKi

That's maybe the closest I've seen to mine, I'd just swap the = for a > and then stick Facts between Narrow Stairs and Kintsugi.

21. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Plans all the way baby!!

22. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Really and truly the only album I don't like is Codes & Keys the rest are varying levels of gold

coleslawed, SamLevi11, SpyKi and 2 others like this.
  23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I love every Death Cab album other than Codes & Keys. I still like that one, but it's pretty obviously weaker than everything else they've done. We Have the Facts is my favorite.

24. OotyPa

fall away

Love Codes and Keys. Definitely don't think it's "pretty obviously weaker" just think it's a different shade of Death Cab. Might be why I like it so much. I don't need 10 of the same sad album.

25. SpyKi

I think it's pretty obviously weaker. I like it more than SAA though.

Letterbomb31 likes this.