Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Death Cab for Cutie Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Death Cab for Cutie is an American alternative rock band, formed in Bellingham, Washington in 1997. The band comprises Ben Gibbard (vocals, guitar, piano), Nick Harmer (bass) and Jason McGerr (drums). In 2014, founding guitarist and producer Chris Walla announced that he would be departing from the band after recording their eighth studio album, Kintsugi.

2. Re-listening to a lot of Death Cab today, really solid catalog -- but man, Plans is just something special.

coleslawed and TOS_Matt like this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Love this band so much, Transatlanticism is so very perfect.

5. returned to Kintsugi a bunch of times recently, still really like it.

SpyKi likes this.
  6. SpyKi

me too. No Room in Frame in particular is wonderful.

7. No Room In Frame is the one I'd say breaks into the realm of favorite tracks. Binary Sea maybe.

SpyKi likes this.
  8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Seeing Transatlanticism live was the highlight of my 2015. Never did listen to Kintsugi

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I haven't gone back to Kintsugi often but I still really like it. I also LOVED Narrow Stairs though.

SpyKi and jordalsh like this.
  10. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Plans is easily their best. Transatlanticism is a good second.

11. SpyKi

Yeah I love Narrow Stairs too.

12. Transatlanticism, Facts, and Photo are top tier. Love em all though

Learning to love Facts over several years has been so immensely satisfying

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah, this. I like plans and narrow stairs a decent amount but those three are perfect.

14. SpyKi

Transatlanticism > Plans > Facts > Stairs > Photo > Kintsugi > Codes > Airplanes

There we go, my first ranking of the new site. Felt good.

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

woah woah wooah

16. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

NS is my second favorite behind Trans. Love it. Kind of darker and moodier. Plans and Photo are about tied. The rest is fine stuff but I don't listen often.

17. Craig Manning

@jordalsh Also still love Kintsugi. It's such an easy, enjoyable listen for me.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

My opinion on Kintsugi hasn't changed much. I still think it's bland and boring.

Narrow Stairs is still my favorite, and I've come to enjoy Codes and Keys a lot more.

19. Deathco_019

Drummer

Transatlanticism is one of my favorite albums of all time. That album is borderline perfect. Love Facts and Photo as well. Those three are top notch albums.

I like Plans, Narrow Stairs, and Airplanes, but none of them really grab me the way those other three do. Kintsugi is alright. I find it to be pretty mediocre overall, but I love No Room In Frame and The Ghosts Of Beverly Drive.

I just stay away from Codes And Keys now.

20. Craig Manning

It's my third favorite.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I listen to Transatlanticism in the middle of the morning Jan 1st every year. This year was while walking home a ridiculous distance whole being very drunk. It's a good routine.

muttley and Jason Tate like this.
  22. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Listening to Trans, and essentially this band, for the first time right now. 3 minutes in - so far so good.

Cody likes this.
  23. SpyKi

good things coming your way.

24. George

Trusted Prestigious

I think the first four songs on Kintsugi are wonderful, and then the record drops off the cliff from there, which is a massive bummer.

25. You've Haunted Me All My Life is another favorite though, think it's classic DCFC. fun to drive with and shout over