Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Death Cab For Cutie - Thank You For Today (August 17, 2018) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 1, 2018.

1. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I like it a lot more on 2nd listen, it is monotonous a little bit but pleasantly catchy and the guitars are more involved than I'd thought at first

2. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I like it but I wish the vocals had more clarity

3. Sybil

Regular

This is much more underwhelming than the preview of the other track.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think I like this song at all..

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

It's pretty great.

6. teebs41 likes this.
  7. mad

I was right. Prestigious

don’t have strong feelings either way about the new single, still extremely excited for this album tho

8. Maverick

Trusted

Sounds like a pretty uniform response to the song. Ok single, potentially better album.

9. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I will say, it’s growing on me.

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Same, this has really grown on me since yesterday.

11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I had no idea so many people weren’t big on Codes & Keyes. Stay Young, Go Dancing is enough to make me defend that album.

Aaron Mook and manoverboard365 like this.
  12. manoverboard365

Trusted

When it first came out I was really let down by it. It's still probably my 2nd least favorite album of theirs, but it does have some real gems on it like Stay Young, You're a Tourist, Some Boys and Doors Unlocked and Open.

Kyle Max likes this.
  13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I listened to it 2 or 3 times in the last couple days. First time I wasn't super into it but i liked it more the second time around

I've also been going back through the discography and wasn't crazy about The Photo Album, but I am feeling We Have The Facts this morning

Aaron Mook and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Photo Album is worth the investment of time if you're interested in going back

OotyPa and Larry David like this.
  15. Mandala

Would You Still Be In Love?

C&K has a few good songs on it: Home Is A Fire, You Are A Tourist, Unobstructed Views. Everything is either mediocre or just bad. I think there were some good ideas throughout, but they just weren't fleshed out well

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I really like underneath the sycamore, i remember it being a lot of fun. been a while since I've given the album a listen though

17. ChaseTx

I listened to it twice last week but I thought it was the least interesting of the ones I've heard so far (haven't gotten to Kintsugi and it's been a long time since I heard Airplanes, on my first listen to Facts now)

Aaron Mook and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

it's definitely p stripped down compared to plans onwards but I feel like it bridges Facts and Transatlanticism well. it probably hurts to be sandwiched between their two best ones

ChaseTx and Mandala like this.
  19. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I really like Gold Rush, oops

Gooddayz likes this.
  20. Mandala

Trans and Facts are their best. I've come to enjoy Facts even more over time, but the Photo Album just a little bit less

Aaron Mook and manoverboard365 like this.
  21. ChaseTx

I love Plans. idk idk

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

They don’t have a bad album

23. I prefer it to Kintsugi and Narrow Stairs tbh. It's a really interesting record

24. ChaseTx

Narrow Stairs is mostly great

25. Mandala

Narrow Stairs has grown on me a lot over time. I love its production and I think it really suited the band well, at least with those songs. The musicianship is tight too. Jason does a fantastic job on the kit every song

chewbacca110 likes this.