Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Death Cab For Cutie - Thank You For Today (August 17, 2018) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 1, 2018.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I may just wait for the album for this one

2. OotyPa

fall away

Jumping in now. So far I dig the atmosphere. With good headphones, this sounds just as crisp as Narrow Stairs.

Gooddayz likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Listening again and there's not really anything I like about this song.

I liked the first teaser and loved the second so I'm still interested but not quite as excited as I was.

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

It's pretty........boring.

cwhit likes this.
  5. Song is great

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Narrow Stairs has finally clicked with me. Holy shit.

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. Spazzy McGee

Regular

The repeatitive “gold rush” reminds me of C&K single Tourist in the part “this fire, grows higher”

Growing on me, and can at least relate to the subject matter

8. Mandala

Would You Still Be In Love?

Somebody expressed excitement over Ben comparing this album to Narrow Stairs and I just wanna say he did that with Kintsugi to The Photo Album. Suffice to say, I was let down

ChiliTacos likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This song is really nice! The whole vibe is pretty summery/beachy, I really dig it

Mary V, jordalsh and ChaseTx like this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

01 I Dreamt We Spoke Again
    02 Summer Years
    03 Gold Rush
    04 Your Hurricane
    05 When We Drive
    06 Autumn Love
    07 Northern Lights
    08 You Moved Away
    09 Near/Far
    10 60 & Punk

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Interview about the single if it hadn't been posted. I can relate to what he's saying about places holding memories

Not a bad song, I think it's brought down by the monotonous singing though

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  12. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Listened to Kintsugi this morning and Ingenue is wayyy better than I remember it being

EarthShifts and waking season like this.
  13. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

First impressions of this are a lot better than they were for Black Sun. Love the production, even quite like the dronelike repetition of Gold Rush, hyped for next week even more now!

waking season likes this.
  14. Mandala

This is one of, like, five songs I enjoy on the album

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Two listens and not really feeling it. But the two teasers they released were very intriguing so my hopes are still high for the album.

16. Gooddayz

always and forever

Black Sun was a stronger single, but the album as a whole wasn't as good. If the opposite is true with this one, I'll be very happy. Gold Rush definitely gives off the vibe that this album is one cohesive unit meant to be taken in as a whole.

17. Mandala

Isn't the point of albums to be one cohesive unit taken in as a whole?

18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I actually like it, definitely not my favourite Death Cab moment by a long shot though.

Will see how much it grows.

19. Always interesting to me when artists tease one song and then release another. In some instances I get it but in cases like this, I don’t at all

20. Don't love the artwork or the song, something about the way Ben sings ever since Codes and Keys has been grating to me. If I'm being honest, this band may just not be for me anymore, but that's totally okay. Thankful for their discography as a whole and still excited to hear the album

Mandala and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s all of the sliding between notes. It’s great when used tastefully but he does it on every other phrase.

Aaron Mook and vidiviciveni like this.
  22. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Just noticed the verses of this sound like the verses of Photograph by Nickelback. Or maybe that's just me. Either way, fantastic.

23. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

Nice avatar

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

As someone who never really listened to death cab, I like this song. It’s really simple, straightforward and makes me feel happy

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Listened again. I love the whole "Stayyyyyyy" hook, but the monotone sung verses get really boring.

ChaseTx likes this.