Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Death Cab For Cutie - Thank You For Today (August 17, 2018) Album • Page 61

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 1, 2018.

2. Serenity Now likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

new Ben music? What's this?!?

4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Pretty sure he's incapable of writing a bad song. The Minor Threat cover is nice, too.

5. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

What Sarah Said at 1 is the correct answer, but I’m fine looking at everyone else’s list and see it consistently at 2

Brothers is my number 2.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

That's arguably my REAL #1 - but it's difficult to listen to after my father passed in a hospital bed and how the lyrics to WSS were ringing in my head for those few days leading up to it. That obviously has no bearing on how amazing the song is, though. Truly a phenomenal piece of music and lyrics.

Serenity Now and zigbigwig like this.
  7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

WSS was my number one for a long time but brothers recently just dominated it for me. Honestly my #1 death cab song, period.

waking season and zigbigwig like this.
  8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

That was tough to read. I wanted to say more, but I genuinely hope you’re doing better.

I have a more positive memory with the song. My wife picked it as the engraving on my wedding ring, and I realized that’s how much I talked about the song, both during sober me and my drunk calls/texts with her. I was so depressed back then and had a bleak perspetive, and WSS reminds me of a lot of bad things and how they aren’t there anymore.

9. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

All this chatter made me dust of Plans for the first time in literately years. Thanks. It’s such a gem & reminds me of early college days.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I have that relationship with a few of my favourite songs, it's really nice.

zigbigwig and waking season like this.
  11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

12. ImAMetaphor

Ben said Death ACAB For Cutie

13. ItsAndrew Jun 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Not criticizing other bands for doing paid streams, but it's really cool how many free livestreams Ben did during quarantine. It was nice to have free shows every day, and then weekly, especially when paid livestreams can add up quickly if many artists you listen to do them.

14. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Ben really helped when he was doing the dailies. My at home poster arrived the other and the quality is a+, can't wait to get it framed

Serenity Now and waking season like this.
  15. ImAMetaphor

Yeah, those daily streams are the only thing I looked forward to for a solid week

16. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

17. irthesteve

Aaron Mook, Mary V and Evolution Kid like this.
  18. Evolution Kid

Me too! I'd actually gone through a couple on my own, like the Beatles cover set, but he did so many livestreams it was daunting to go through and record/edit so many so I just stuck to a couple haha. The Redditor that did this took some serious time working on it.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. irthesteve

I ended up watching like... 3-4, so being able to listen to all these over time is gonna be great

20. Evolution Kid

Same, I kept up with the first few, but then after that just always had other things going. At least this way I can just throw it on random or listen through whenever. There was another post on reddit where they went through and broke down how many songs he ended up playing, and he covered like 75% of the bands catalog (9 DCFC albums).

Data: Ben Gibbard Live at Home Sets March-May 2020

Mary V, sonder and waking season like this.
  21. irthesteve

That's truly amazing/insane

sonder likes this.
  22. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Just reaffirmed that the blue EP is phenomenal & I’m hoping they chase this sound for their next full LP.

23. ImAMetaphor

I remember them mentioning that those sessions got them really fired up and inspired, so the next record will absolutely follow in those footsteps

Serenity Now likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Nathan and manoverboard365 like this.
  25. ImAMetaphor

That’s certainly some hair