Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Death Cab For Cutie - Thank You For Today (August 17, 2018) Album • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 1, 2018.

1. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yeah it was fantastic, just a short set missing some of the bangers. my fiancé had never seen them before so i wanted her to get the Trans classics, in particular the title track especially because we couldn't go to the show they surprise played it in full here. she loved it regardless, so next time. have fun!

2. Syre Dream

Regular

what was the merch like?

3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

they had a few shirts. i didnt look too close because i hate black merch but i noticed a maroon shirt with i believe a mountain design, and a navy one with the back of this hoodie below on the front because i debated on those two. there was other things, but i didnt look too close. they had TYFT, Plans, Trans, and Kintsugi on vinyl. Oh, and the blanket thats on their site was there.

Sunset Zip Hoodie - Heather Coal

Syre Dream likes this.
  4. you vandal

Regular

They have a sweet poster I bought last night:

[​IMG]

5. Syre Dream

Regular

thanks for the info :)

6. idk when this ended up getting announced but it was worth the wait

Jay Som!

7. Syre Dream

Regular

I'm so ready! They played 23 songs last night and I'm hoping for the same tonight. Also if youre trying to get the poster I guess only 200 of them are available.

8. All sold out at the Indy date :tear:

But they were awesome live and these songs translated so well live

9. Syre Dream

Regular

Crowd tonight pissed me off, so sad for Jay Som with everyone talking during her set I couldnt really hear her. On another note Death Cab was fucking fantastic and played pretty much all my favorite songs. Also Grog Shop has the worst bathrooms in the world (according to Ben haha)

10. you vandal

Regular

Bummer. Mine was individually numbered - Looks like they only have 200 per show.

Glad you saw a good show though. I think Chicago got ripped off. Just looked at the set lists, every other date so far has been better than what we got. We also didn't have an encore.

11. Dog Fish

Mutt

Any guess on supporting acts for US march 29 - apr 16 dates?

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

missed them in October so I may take a road trip to see them in April

13. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Yeah we did. The holiday shows are always like that, I always leave let down because of the time allocation.

14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I listened to 38 hours of Death Cab for Cutie this year, I learned today from Spotify

ChaseTx, David Parke and Mary V like this.
  15. Gooddayz

always and forever

I literally screamed when I found out Death Cab are finally coming to my city next year! Wooo hoooo! I've been waiting to see them since 07. They're the only band that I love love that I haven't seen live at all.

Jim and Mary V like this.
  16. Syre Dream

Regular

Not seeing this on a lot of EOTY lists, which is incorrect if you ask me.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I haven't seen it on any, which is weird to me cuz I think it's their best since Narrow Stairs.

Also didnt get a grammy nom, but Kintsugi and C&Ks did. Weird.

Lucas27 and Gooddayz like this.
  18. Gooddayz

always and forever

I am confident I can say this is their best release since NS. Such a solid and palatable album.

David Parke and Jim like this.
  19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I never quite came around to it being more than "good-ish"

Joe4th likes this.
  20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I really enjoy it but mostly just because it's new Death Cab. I don't think it's as good as Kintsugi and nowhere near their prime.

Joe4th and disambigujason like this.
  21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It's a good Death Cab record, which is why I love it so much. Not sure it'd make my top 5 in their discography or I'd say it's a top 5 album of the year, but I'll take a good Death Cab record over lots of other albums.

Gooddayz and ChiliTacos like this.
  22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Hot take: I think this album is much better than Mitski's album, which is getting the #1 spot on a lot of year end lists.

23. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

It’s their best since Plans.

But the Mitski album is way better.

24. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I like this way more than the Mitski album which I thought was bad.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This isn’t even close to Mitski IMO. That album is so much better and not even really comparable

jpmalone4 and mad like this.