Death Cab For Cutie - Thank You For Today (August 17, 2018) Album • Page 35

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 1, 2018.

1. David Parke

The Harder I Swim, The Faster I Sink Supporter

I’m doing this now. My hands hurt so bad. I’m so out of practice. Found the perfect shuffle setting and tempo on my keyboard though which makes it fun. Trying to do my treble hand while watching tv and surfing the web to get it down. It’s strangely difficult for me.

zigbigwig and jpmalone4 like this.
  2. Gooddayz

A Slice of Infinity Supporter

That takes me back to my high school days when I would try to learn the intro by ear. Failed hardcore lol

jpmalone4 and David Parke like this.
  3. Syre Dream

Regular

Anyone seeing them in Cleveland? Kinda surprised it isn't sold out

4. gonz (Alex)

@Alexyesander Supporter

I am and I'm also surprised. I jumped on a presale cus I was kinda figuring it'd be similar to when Queens of the Stone Age played the Agora and it sold out right away.

5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Prestigious

hmmmm i wonder if i could swing the trip to cleveland since they aren't coming to detroit

6. Syre Dream

Regular

also still no support announced?

7. gonz (Alex)

@Alexyesander Supporter

I didn't even think of that. Very weird.

Whatever it's gonna be great.

8. Syre Dream

Regular

first time seeing them?

9. gonz (Alex)

@Alexyesander Supporter

Second. First was a few years ago when they headlined Bunbury. You?

10. Syre Dream

Regular

First time for me very excited. what songs are you hoping for?

11. gonz (Alex)

@Alexyesander Supporter

I haven't really thought about it. Definitely looking forward to the new stuff. Probably unlikely but maybe some older stuff like Sleep Spent or Scientist Studies.

How about you?

12. jordalsh

jordalsh.wordpress.com Prestigious

Sleep Spent is underrated

waking season likes this.
  13. Syre Dream

Regular

For sure some new stuff, older songs like Brothers on a Hotel Bed, What Sarah Said, We Looked Like Giants, and of course Transatlanticism lol

14. AlwaysEvolving21

TJ Dohner Supporter

I can confidently say this album has made it into my top 3 favorite Death Cab albums. So many awesome memories surrounding this album in the short time. This week I’ll be adding to those memories because I’m visiting my best guy in Seattle, so you bet your ass I’ll listen to this album lol.

Mary V likes this.
  15. NitrateDawn

Regular

I think I’d put this at number 4 if I were ranking their albums. Trans - Stairs is a pretty much perfect run but this is a great record

Gooddayz and Mary V like this.
  16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I still don't come back to this at all outside of like 3 songs. A big disappointment for me unfortunately

17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Prestigious

This is probably my most listened to record of the year. Lots of summer morning hikes and I often put it on before I go to sleep. Not the best record of the year, but very solid.

Mary V, AlwaysEvolving21 and ChaseTx like this.
  18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This one has stayed in my rotation and just continued to grow on me for months. Will probably be in my top 10, which I did not expect the first time I heard it.

19. thebloodhound

I have been spinning this one quite a bit, it's really solid.
    Also, love that spotify keeps running and No Room in Frame comes on once it's done, I have the weirdest soft spot for that song.

Mary V likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

TJ Dohner Supporter

Giannis just made RoLo look like a chump hahahahaha

21. Syre Dream

Regular

Tour isn't going well for them so far, no encore last night at all, first night the piano broke that they use for Transatlanticism so they only did a 2 song encore. Lots of sound issues from what I've saw. I'm officially nervous for the show tomorrow now... :/

22. Jim

Kicking it middle school #freedotem Supporter

i was at the show last night, i think the lack of encore was due to time. The holiday shows here are always shorter because they give the second opener almost the same amount of time as the headliner. its annoying.

Syre Dream likes this.
  23. Syre Dream

Regular

well that sucks and is very weird. Thanks for the clarifying. How was the sound?

24. Jim

Kicking it middle school #freedotem Supporter

yeah, i was bummed but i have seen them like 12 times now but oh well.

the venue doesn't have the best sound in general, but i didn't have any complains. they did have some minor technical difficulties at the very beginning. they opened with "i will possess your heart" and ben's mic went out for the first couple lines then came back. haha it was deflating after that huge build up!

25. Syre Dream

Regular

Yeah it's my first time seeing them tomorrow so I'll be really bummed if they have issues. Still excited though lol