Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Death Cab For Cutie - Thank You For Today (August 17, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 1, 2018.

1. Night_Sky

Regular

Pretty much how I feel, as a whole those albums are weaker and have a lot more filler than almost any of their previous albums, but both 'Codes and Keys' and 'Kintsugi' each have a few tracks that range from good to great by Death Cab's standards

chewbacca110 and vidiviciveni like this.
  2. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Codes and Keys is a good album, it’s just a shame for DCFC that what came before was so much better

Gooddayz, teebs41 and waking season like this.
  3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Unobstructed Views is one of their more underrated songs

Letterbomb31, teebs41 and jordalsh like this.
  4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

narrow stairs is forever and always my favorite death cab album.

Gooddayz and teebs41 like this.
  5. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Really really liking this, dat bass is v tasty. Reminds of Cath and I dig it

Gooddayz and teebs41 like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s out???

KidLightning likes this.
  7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Why isn’t this up

8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Bought tix to see them for the first time in october. Cant fucking wait

9. prattsy

Regular

Narrow Stairs is easily my favourite of theirs, but it's also my gateway to their entire discography so it holds more sentimental value than most.

Codes & Keys never really resonated with me, but Kintsugi had some really really nice songs. I've always really enjoyed the lyrics in Everything's A Ceiling

So far down in this hole, there's little daylight
    I feel the shards of the midday sun and then it's black as midnight
    The only stars I see in the sky, they don't move me
    'Cause they've all been dead for millions of years,
    They're just light diffusing

:tear:

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

"Everything's a Ceiling" was always my second favourite on Kintsugi. Underrated song.

jordalsh and chewbacca110 like this.
  11. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Just from that clip I mean :)

teebs41 likes this.
  12. vidiviciveni

Trusted

No Room In Frame reminds me so much of Tears for Fears' Everybody Wants To Rule The World

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Kintsugi had some great songs. There are six I tend to go back to most, but I really enjoy all of the album (I do find it drops off in the last song though).

No Room In Frame
    Black Sun
    The Ghosts of Beverly Drive
    Everything's A Ceiling
    Good Help
    El Dorado

One thing I think never dipped was Ben's fantastic lyrics.

14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

kintsugi woulda been a great 4 song EP with the first 4 tracks. falls off hard after that.

FTank, Gooddayz, George and 1 other person like this.
  15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I love Kintsugi as a whole

Honestly it might be my second or third favorite DCFC album

16. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I think Everything's a Ceiling and Good Help are both great little tunes. The album doesn't end as strongly as they have previous though

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

It's my third favourite. I put both that and C&K above NS, but I need to listen to that one more tbh.

18. ihaveblink

Regular

i got into a car wreck earlier this year (I'm fine, if you care) while listening to Kintsugi and haven't revisited it yet....

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. same thing happened to me, but with the Prize Fighter Inferno album when it first came out. i've listened to it only a couple times since then... ha

ihaveblink likes this.
  20. ihaveblink

Regular

I remember thinking "what a dumb record to get rear-ended to".

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I got rear ended to Grimes "Oblivion" and I remember it every time I hear the song

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I got rear ended on the way to a free REO Speedwagon show, by a guy named Rex.

(Don’t remember what I was listening to, weirdly)

irthesteve and teebs41 like this.
  23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

My tire popped on the freeway when I was listening to The Weeknd, and I got rear ended when listening The Weeknd. Now I’m scared to listen to him while driving.

irthesteve and Mary V like this.
  24. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

When I was in my third year of college, I was driving to my girlfriend’s house and was approaching a traffic light when I got into one of the worst accidents of my life. The light was green so I had the right of way and I was going the speed limit of 40 MPH. As I approached the light, I could see two cars in the left turn lane facing me. The first car turned left because they clearly had time and space to turn before I reached them, but the car behind that car didn’t bother to wait to see if they also had the time to make the turn. They just went. I remember screaming “Nooooooo!!!!!” at the top of my lungs because I knew there was nothing I could do. I also remember trying to swerve the car to my right to try to avoid it, but it was useless. He took the front end of my car clean off; like the front end was literally separated from the rest of it. I slammed my face into the steering wheel and passed out. I woke up on the ground because the paramedics had arrived and pulled me out and my girlfriend was there holding my hand and crying. I had a huge burn down the side of my face from the airbag and cuts all over from the shattered glass. My left leg was fucked and I was on crutches for a very long time while I went to physical therapy to recuperate. I had a hard time getting off the pain meds and fell behind in my classes. The driver who hit me had failed to pass the sobriety test and was also driving on a suspended license. In court he got a $300 fine and that was that. To this day I still clench the wheel every time I approach a green light and see the cars in the left turn lane ahead of me, rearing to go. I eventually went to go see my car in the junkyard to collect some things and say goodbye. It was my second car and my grandmother had given it to me before she passed away. When I saw it for the first time since the wreck, I sat down in the front seat and cried. It was unrecognizable. I understood then why the paramedics had told me my attempt to turn the car to the right had probably saved my life. A few inches and I would have been dead.

The song I had been listening to? “Deathbed” by Relient K.

I liked the song. Still do, but...I just can’t bring myself to listen to it.

irthesteve and smowashere like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I got into an accident on the way home from seeing Jim Gaffigan

teebs41 likes this.