Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dear White People (2017) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by armistice, Apr 30, 2017.

1. armistice Apr 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 30, 2017)
    armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

Instead of talking about this in the Netflix thread, can we give it its own like the rest of the Netflix shows please?

Dear White People (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb

[​IMG]

Contender likes this.
  2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished this today, pretty spectacular. My favorite comedy I've seen in a WHILE.

armistice likes this.
  3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Glad to see the movie translate well to a show, liking this so far.

4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I basically accidentally realized that the show came out and watched the first episode. I loved the movie so I'm psyched for the show. I thought the first episode was great.

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Glad it's finally renewed.

6. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

God damn Season 2 was fire.

7. supernovagirl

yeah I didn't even know this was coming and it was just dropped. I watched an episode or maybe 2 but i like to take my time with this show.

8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, meant to post here when I finished, but I really loved s2. I just really like this show. I like hanging with these characters, I like being in its world.

The episode where Sam and Gabe are just talking was devastating

supernovagirl and atticusfinch like this.
  9. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

can't believe I haven't posted in this thread before. this show is absolutely fantastic. not sure what they're waiting on regarding the season three renewal.

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I haven't watched the new season yet, but I've heard absolutely nothing about it. has anyone watched? is it good?

I'm worried it's going to get cancelled. they released GLOW, Mindhunter, and Dear White People all within like two weeks of each other and I'm sure that hurt viewership.

11. supernovagirl

I liked it. It’s different but I liked it. I’m worried too, and I read articles about how one of the reasons they made it different was to try and not be cancelled by Netflix (they like to cancel after 3 seasons) so we will see I guess. I hope they don’t cancel it but I don’t expect much of Netflix these days lol

12. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

agreed. planning on watching after I finish Mindhunter!

supernovagirl likes this.
  13. Tristan B

I made that!!!

Have just watched mind hunter, loved it!!

But I am so glad to have come back to this show!

Initially it played too much on political correctness for my liking and generalised way too many stereotypes. Having grown up a “white male”, at face value, but with a massive emphasis on my indigenous heritage and family ties to my land (From aus). I really loved how this show, even though it is a different cultural circumstance to my own obviously, played on these stereotypes with such execution. Literally one of my fav shows !!

Love this insight and just perfectly executed writing!!