Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deafheaven Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

At the live show right now and reminded I still can't imagine how a human makes the noises he does

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess he listened to nocturno culto or someone like everyone else

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

round 6 tonight

4. Deathco_019

Drummer

sophos34 likes this.
  5. cwhit

they were much better last night than they were at the tour with envy

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

how do they get better every single time? "cody" was so fucking sick

7. Are they going to record an album this year?

8. Deathco_019

Drummer

I think they're recording this fall

kyle likes this.
  9. Deathco_019

Drummer

Just saw them for my first time ever last night and holy shit they were incredible. I felt like I was slapper so hard in the face the moment the full band came in for the intro to Come Back. My whole body shook. What an amazing night.

Xenocide likes this.
  10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

They were AMAZING when I saw them with Carcass. Can't even imagine how good they were with a whole set. I have yet to see Pecan Tree live, which is a shame and half.

The more I listen to New Bermuda, the more I'm convinced it truly is a better record than Sunbather. They really honed it in a lot there. Not to knock Sunbather, but I think they got exceptionally better at structuring their songs in a way that flows well.

11. Deathco_019

Drummer

I love both New Bermuda and Sunbather a lot (and Roads To Judah too, but to a lesser extent), but I definitely prefer New Bermuda. I love the heavy aggression to it and the other metal influences they added to it that weren't exactly present on Sunbather.

coleslawed and Bryan Diem like this.
  12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't get into the band until New Bermuda, but the metal influence definitely helped draw me in. I've since gone back and listened to the rest, but don't feel like it lives up to NB. Sunbather is definitely a great record though.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

NB is god. Sunbather is a demigod still. And Judah is pretty good too.

14. Deathco_019

Drummer

Roads To Judah is fucking great. Sure, this band has definitely gotten better and better along the way, but that album is still a great starting point.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. I actually prefer New Bermuda and Roads to Judah, but Sunbather is also excellent so that really doesn't mean anything

16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

NB 10/10
    SB 9/10
    RTJ 8/10
    DEMO 7/10

Next album confirmed 11/10

17. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I really liked NB when it came out, haven't gone back to it in a long time but I'm sure whenever I do I'll probably still really like it. Sunbather never really grabbed me though, idk why.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

New Bermuda is by far their best to me at this point. It gets better every time I come back to it.

kyle likes this.
  19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Sunbather

20. cwhit

really interesting seeing the progression of thoughts, since at least at first everyone thought sunbather was better. i personally like NB a lot more, blends together a lot less and it's probably the catchiest black metal album i've ever heard haha

FTank likes this.
  21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

SB is like a bunch of really great parts raising out of a fuzzy haze. Everything on NB is really well defined, both sonically and songwriting-wise.

Daedalus is one of their best songs too, don't forget it. Love those pop punk-ish breaks.

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I just feel like the songs on NB are more fully realized than those on Sunbather. They work more as a full piece of music than just cool sections of songs.

FTank and Aaron Mook like this.
  23. zmtr

Trusted

SB edges out NB for me slightly. Mainly just because Dream House is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Need to see them live again.

suicidesaints likes this.
  24. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Sunbather > Judah > New Bermuda = Demo for me.

And yes, I love being contrarian.

Xenocide likes this.
  25. nothing contrarian about loving sunbather

coleslawed likes this.