Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deafheaven Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Official thread for Deafheaven, one of the most exciting metal acts around right now.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

One of my favorite current metal bands

3. hauspunk

Regular

fuck the haters

4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

A flawless band to see live.

5. phaynes1

Regular

Need to see them live

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yes, you do. Seen them twice and they were mindblowing both times. I suggest seeing them at their own headlining gig though, because when they opened for Lamb of God, the crowd almost ruined it.

7. johnnyferris Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Bummer to hear about that. I saw them on their headliner after New Bermuda came out and it was incredible. They played the entire album plus Kettle, Sunbather, and Dream House.

8. Noradrenaline

Regular

Saw them live last week. Amazing show! And New Bermuda is one of the best records of 2015. Absolutely fantastic from start to finish.

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

@Sophos how had you not already made this? I would have guessed it would have been one of your first threads. Haha

Also love this band

Sophos and phaynes1 like this.
  10. I listen to their last two albums quite often. I need to catch them live soon.

11. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Still need to get into New Bermuda. I loved Sunbather but I can't seem to put this one on.

12. Sophos

Regular

Lol idk I've been laying low online for the past week I figured it'd already be made

cshadows2887 likes this.
  13. cherrywaves

Trusted

Finally got to New Bermuda recently and I think I love it more than Sunbather. "Baby Blue" is perfection

14. Horrorca

Trusted

I just can't get into these guys... nothing against modern, non-pure BM bands... they just... bore me.

15. Sophos

Regular

they're quite excellent and very daring. and i listen to a lot of music in this style. a lot. metal and more specificallyblack metal/post metal has become my most sought after genre in the past couple of years. and youd think its cuz of deafheaven, but the first three records i heard that got me to become such a fan were by blut aus nord, liturgy, and wolves in the throne room

16. phaynes1 likes this.
  17. Deathco_019

Drummer

New Bermuda has become one of my all-time favorites. Still can't get enough of it. It feels so fresh.

18. notiesnoroots

Does anyone feel as if the new album was lacking a bit during some parts ? I loved Sunbather, and I like multiple songs off New Bermuda, but there were definitely parts that I felt were too underwhelming... Am I alone here ? I dunno

19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I had some problems with the album

20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I need to listen to New Bermuda again, it's been a while!

21. Deathco_019

Drummer

I think it's an incredible album and does a nice job separating itself from Sunbather.

kyle likes this.
  22. notiesnoroots

I'll agree it does a good job of separating itself from Sunbather! If you look at some interviews about the newer material, George even states that they "cut out the fat" - which you can hear in the songs, most of them are a little more straight forward. But then there are other parts that were like, dude, what am I listening to ?

The most notable example in the album has to be in Baby Blue when theres a wah guitar solo... I just can't even

23. Deathco_019

Drummer

I think the guitar solo in Baby Blue is phenomenal. I love how they started incorporating more of their classic metal influences to this record.

24. flask

Trusted Supporter

The solo in Baby Blue is ok. I think people got hyped that there was a solo in the first place.

25. demo

i said dont @ me

a guitar solo on a metal record? my heavens how horrible!