Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deaf Havana - All These Countless Nights (January 27th, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't listened to this band since their debut, if I remember correctly I saw them supporting Fightstar in 2009. They've clearly changed their sound a lot since then, I really like this album after one listen.

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Definitely go back and listen to Old Souls. This new album is great, probably gonna be in my top 5 for the year. But man Old Souls is unreal!

beachdude42 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Never listened to these guys before, but I'm trying to listen to as many new releases this year as possible so I gave this a shot. Really digging it on first listen. Will revisit this one for sure.

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

To me it's his singing voice that sets the band apart. The songs themselves are awesome, but to me the way he can sing is what I appreciate the most

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I really like the entire album, but "St. Paul's" is the clear standout for me

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Addicted to Happiness. Been a while since I connected to a song so instantly.

callumnmacleod and beachdude42 like this.
  7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The way this band has evolved over the years while still being consistently excellent is my favorite part of following them.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. Yep I hope they'll get more recognition outside UK thanks to this album.

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I know we're only one month in to 2017, but this is my favourite album so far. Heck, it beats a lot of my favourites from the past few years. James Veck-Gilodi lyrics always seem to hit home on every release since "Fools & Worthless Liars". I hope they get a shot at America on this cycle, more fans the better.

beachdude42 and Ferrari333SP like this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Love someone put this song to a picture of the actual St. Paul's. Loved hanging out on the steps of this building while studying abroad over there; saw an amazing choir performance there as well. Incredible place

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This has really stuck with me. Love this album. Everytime I listen I find a new song to fall in love with, yesterday it was England.

12. beachdude

Definitely. I feel the same way I did when I first got into Old Souls, just a lot to come back to.

13. Just found out that they're supporting Placebo on their Australian tour! Can't wait to see both bands, I've been waiting to see Deaf Havana for about 4 years!

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. beachdude

Nice! I still love the new album, listen to it all the time.

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

These guys were so good at 2000 Trees. They let the fans vote for their main full band set on Facebook. People wanted them to play Nicotine and Alcohol from their debut, but the person who added it to the poll put it down as Cigarettes and Alcohol (an Oasis song), so they said "Fuck you, you're getting an Oasis cover instead." It was really good.

beachdude42 and Zac Djamoos like this.
  16. beachdude

The B-side from this album "Sickago" is fucking phenomenal... they released it on digital/streaming a couple weeks ago.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  17. Callum Macleod

Still probably my favourite album this year.

Ferrari333SP and beachdude42 like this.
  18. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Are they releasing the entire album reworked, like they did with Fools and Worthless Liars?? They've released Sing and Happiness so far, and they're golden.

19. Callum Macleod

Yup! Rest of the album drops October 27th. Disc 2 also has the b-sides Anemphobia Part 2 and Sickago. Original version is still probably my favourite of the year. This just furthers that.

beachdude42 and morken like this.
  20. morken

Thanks, couldn't find any info on the release! My favorite album so far this year as well, without a doubt.
    They are so good at reworking their songs. Guess I'll be buying the album again just to get the great B-sides.

I'm a little worried that they don't seem to be gaining a lot of traction of this album though, they almost quit because of financial reasons the last time. I was hoping this album would take them to the next level.

beachdude42 and callumnmacleod like this.
  21. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I really like the reworked songs. I'll probably end up liking the reworked album way more than the original album lol

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Did not know about the reworked songs but this album is fantastic. Still in my top 3 this year alongside The Menzingers and Brand New.

23. beachdude

Gonna have to check the reworked versions!

24. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I really like the reworked version of Sing, which really surprised me as I think the original is probably the worst on the album

25. morken

I also like the reworked Fools and Worthless Liars album a lot more than the original, so I bet this one will be great as well.

beachdude42 and Jake W like this.