Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deaf Havana - All These Countless Nights (January 27th, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

One of my favorite current bands, terribly underrated in the States especially. The evolution over their discography from melodic post-hardcore to terrific, emotional alt rock has been really cool to see. The singles from this album have been great, very much looking forward to it.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. beachdude

Old Souls is such an underrated album, and "Caro Padre" is one of my favorite closing tracks.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Had no idea a new Deafheaven album was coming out so soon this is rad. Love the new direction god I love Deafheaven so much

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

george sounds incredible goddamn he is so versatile

FTank, beachdude42 and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  6. beachdude

Literally half of the comments I see on posts about this band across the internet are Deafheaven jokes... not mad tho lol

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. beachdude

So guys... I've heard this album and MY GOD, so so so good.

8. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Can't wait to hear this. Fools was great, Old Souls even better and judging by the 3 singles, this is going to be another step up!

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Excited for this one; "Trigger" was great

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. beachdude

The best way I can describe this sonically is a more modern-sounding mix of Old Souls and some elements of Fools & Worthless Liars, with some new sounds as well. Really great stuff, it's like the perfect mix of everything that makes them a great band.

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

12. IAmDani

person

Saw them open for JEW a couple weeks ago in Germany and was very impressed with these guys.
    Hadn't heard of them before but now I'm really looking forward to this!

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Love these guys. their last two records have soundtracked those brief periods of my life and I expect this to do the same. Interesting how this seems to have a sound somewhere between the last two albums (which are both 9/10's for me).

All the tracks so far are great. I was worried when they release Caseopeia, but luckily that's just a bonus track. Sing and Fever are great tracks, Trigger is an absolute anthem, and St Paul's is absolutely gorgeous.

14. beachdude

Imo a lot of the best tracks haven't been released yet too :) Ashes, Ashes is easily their best opener as far as I'm concerned and one of the best tracks.

15. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Man, if the unreleased stuff is as strong or better than what has already been released, then this is an AOTY contender already!

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Just heard this, don't know if it's acoustic or full band on the record but I really like this too already.

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. beachdude

It is a full band track on the album, but the instrumentation is still pretty stripped down. One of my favorite tracks.

18. beachdude

morken and Ferrari333SP like this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

20. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Can not wait for this album. Probably one of my favorite bands from the last few years.

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. morken

I think they almost broke up right after Old Souls. That's why it's taken them so long to release a new album.

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. morken

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

James Veck-Gilodi is a really good vocalist, so I'm excited to hear all the different ways he sings on this one

24. beachdude

Damn, didn't hear that We Are The Ocean broke up. That's a bummer.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Their second album was fantastic but I wasn't a fan otherwise. They announced it today apparently.