Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deadpool 2 (David Leitch, May 18, 2018) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Rebooting DC post-JL is still a bad, shortsighted fan idea. Audiences don't want to sit through the universe-building again. And, they don't mind recasting and contradictory continuity. They just want good, fun movies.

Anyways, this looks fun enough.

Jason Tate and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

As a fan of the DCEU and JL, the numbers don't back up that people will keep coming out to these movies or they are what they should be. I wish it were different, but it is a fact.

Dodger likes this.
  3. Tim

They didn't have to reboot BvS for Wonder Woman to succeed. The messy, contradictory X-Men film history didn't stop Logan. Batman Forever wasn't really a reboot, and it was a financial success.

Audiences don't care about canon. Only nerds do. Audiences only want movies they can enjoy. A reboot has nothing to do with that. To suggest otherwise is silly and completely wrong.

4. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

It’s not about canon or continuity. Its that this series is bringing less and less money. Their culmination of these characters in one movie didn’t even make 100mil opening weekend. Other than the core fans, they are losing fans more than bringing in new.

I see your point definitely, and I agree in a sense. If they make single contained stories again for awhile it won’t matter, but if they keep trying to connect everything and have multiple characters. Suicide squad 2, man of steel 2, justice league 2 type stuff are going to be huge budget movies that there’s a high likelihood, unless they are genius movies, they won’t make that much money. There’s a lower floor/ceiling I think.

I think continuing right now with Shazam/aquaman/Wonder Woman 2 is a good idea because they are self contained. If they don’t do well and the profit isn’t rising and making back their money, then the investment in continuing with the same characters isn’t worth it in the long run imo.

Hope they can turn it around and prove me wrong though.

Davjs likes this.
  5. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I lost all interest in Marvel and DC movies right around Avengers 2. Just too much to keep up with. I mean 15 movies or more to remember. No. I will see this though. Looks fun.

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Action looks good. The humor seems forced, but I thought that with the trailer for the first movie and ended up liking it.

7. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

He said on one of his shows he knew something that would blow people's minds. Someone DM'd him and he fessed up he heard they're rebooting. People loved Wonder Woman and it made them a ton of money. Gal Gadot is fabulous in the role. He talks shit on her every chance he gets. He got in an argument with a bunch of directors on Twitter, including James Gunn, because he blamed the poor special effects in JL on the special effects team. All of these directors pretty much told him it's the director's fault for not putting in enough time with the team to make sure it was done the way they wanted. He just says some really stupid shit from time to time.

8. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

The DC Universe should not reboot, I've gotta agree. You don't lose Gal Gadot when she's owned that role and been pretty much the main reason anyone is seeing any of these movies. They're also using a great deal of women and POC directors which is great. By all reports, Aquaman is going to be great. I'm super skeptical on that one just because bro Aquaman Jason Mamoa is the worst ever in JL but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Davjs and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone catch what this is referring to yet?

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Looks like it was this

airik625 and Dodger like this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

There's a rumor that Black Tom won't actually be in this

Not sure if that elicits spoiler tags but there it is

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

16. tomtom94

Trusted

Man remember when this movie happening was a real feelgood success story and not just a huge bummer

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Joe likes this.
  18. Tix are apparently on sale right now for a lot of theaters, if not all. I just got mine.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  20. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

SHATTERSTAR!!

21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Fun trailer!

22. Tim

TJ Miller is pretty distracting. They should just poorly edit Christopher Plummer over his face.

23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Dream scenario: Thomas Middleditch secretly reshot all TJs parts and Deadpool makes a big deal of it the first time he's on screen

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Ticket purchased with that Rob Delaney casting

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah that part with Delaney was the only part I actually laughed at.

It's kind of weird to release the "final" trailer a month before it's released, isn't it? I know we'll get a bunch of TV spots, but it seems early.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.