Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deadpool 2 (David Leitch, May 18, 2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Feb 16, 2017.

1. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

He looks awesome. They're really nailing the looks of all characters involved and I love it.

Davjs and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

People have been complaining about Domino a lot as of late and it really frustrates me.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

What is there to complain about?

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

My brother is stuck on her looking like Barf from Space Balls to him.

I think both she and Cable look fantastic. I didn't love Deadpool as much as a lot of people did, but seeing how they look and knowing that Leitch is directing makes me really hyped for this sequel. If they get the right person to helm X-Force, I'll be even more hyped for that.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

hair and skin color

6. Davjs

Trusted

I don't see it but man is that funny.

7. Davjs

Trusted

Should have known.

I don't seem to hear any of that negativity with stuff like that, I'm not on twitter or anything. Just let them complain in their bubble, I would just take it as the loud minority.

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

For me personally, I think Zazie is an inspired choice for Domino, and I can't wait to see what she does with her performance, but I also don't really love how different they're going with her look in the film. I mean, for them to be so damn accurate on Deadpool and Cable, but not on her, is super odd to me. Also Brolin needs Cable's shoulder pad(s), dammit haha

9. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

subbing

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What does her look bring to the table that is important to the character? Her main feature is the 'eye patch' which is prominently featured. I look at that character and say, "That's definitely Domino."

11. Anthony_

Just comics accuracy is all. I mean, why not completely reinvent Deadpool's costume and Cable's look also if they're not interested in accuracy? I'm just commenting on how strange it is that they've meticulously recreated Deadpool and Cable's looks down to almost every last detail but not Domino's.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Because people saw X-Men: Wolverine Origins

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. Anthony_

Right, so why would they now deviate from a character's classic look/costume when the last time they did that ("Deadpool" in X-Men Origins: Wolverine) everyone hated it?

Again, I'm happy to see Zazie in the role and know she'll be great, I just don't personally understand why they felt the need to not give her a high-quality, comics-accurate costume/look like they did with Brolin and Reynolds. That's all.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm just not understanding what the difference is.

upload_2017-8-9_10-23-9.png

15. Anthony_

Forget it, you're right, sorry I said anything!

16. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Only major complaints I've seen with Brolin are that he's too short/not jacked enough but idk, dude looks pretty swole from what I've seen. Love the direction they went with his character

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. Anthony_

Unless you cast, like, the Rock, you're never going to get someone that big in real life lol

Kingjohn_654 and mattav152 like this.
  18. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I hope Cable has lots of pouches and that he and domino carry guns that are as big as they are.

Davjs likes this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hope Summers may play an important role in the plot.

20. Tim

Part of me doesn't want her introduced in a Deadpool film; the X-Force spinoff, which I hope has a slightly different tone, seems like a better choice. I guess she'd be a fun, potentially heartwarming excuse to introduce Cable, though. Have them get separated in the time stream at the beginning, and then end with them reunited.

21. Davjs

Trusted

Isn't she the one who had the phoenix power in Avengers vs X-Men? That doesn't seem very Deadpool-ish....

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

As @Tim said, she'd be a great foil to Cable. It gives a good reason to run the time travel angle and knock out two hokey/similar origins in one shot. It'll also be really fun seeing how Deadpool reacts to hearing who their parents are.

23. Davjs

Trusted

I'd be sold if he made a joke like "Which Professor, Stewart or Mcavoy?" lol. "Which Jean and Scott? Marsden/Janssen or Sheridan/Turner? Or a mix of the two, Sheridan and Janssen? I can't keep this timeline straight anymore".

Kerrbs likes this.
  24. Tim

They won't be dealing too much with Cable's complex backstory here anyways:

“Look, I think besides all of the Deadpool, sort of the film universe Deadpool, you kind of have to be selective of like how you approach these characters because there’s a canon of work that’s so massive that you could never put it all on screen. So we’ve been really particular what we’re going to put in and what we’re going to leave for potential future if it goes that way and, uh, I think you’ll like it. It’s all in the spirit of canon, and also in the spirit of like what Deadpool the movie is.”

( Exclusive: Deadpool 2 Director Teases Domino & Cable )

I think this gives more credence to the theory that Hope is part of this film's story, since it'd be an easy way to establish Cable as a time-traveler with decent character motivations. Maybe the X-Force film will address Cable's parents being Scott "Cyclops" Summers and Madelyne "Jean Grey's clone 'cause clones in comics are awesome" Pryor? I certainly wouldn't mind an excuse to see Famke Janssen in one of these films again, though I also wouldn't be surprised if they never even hinted at Cable's lineage, especially if the Deadpool world and the main X-Men world stay separate.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Is X-Force the third Deadpool movie or something they are doing completely separate?