Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Deadpool 2 (David Leitch, May 18, 2018) Movie • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

What do you think the awful fucks will do?

2. Davjs

Trusted

The one review that I've watched for this says that the violence is still implied and shown somewhat, just without blood and still plenty of language, lots of "shits" and whatever they can get away with PG-13, and some of the words are just bleeped for comedic effect.

Just depends on what you are comfortable with.

ChaseTx likes this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Clint Eastwood movies typically bring out horribly rude, bitter old people who are a normally nightmare to deal with, plus my theater recently switched to all reserved seating so they’ll be all the above + angry and confused.

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Haha, the only audience reaction I heard with an Eastwood movie were people cheering and clapping at the end of American Sniper. I’m like, “the filmmakers and actors can’t hear your reaction”

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

In the fifteen or so minutes I watched, there was still a ton of swearing and violence (less blood, but people are still getting shot up and what not) and the humor/language is still pretty adult even without them actually saying "fuck". I think it might be a bit much for an elementary school kid, but that's up to you.

ChaseTx likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

my most memorable reaction from American Sniper was some shitty dad calling me a f*ggt for not letting his underage son see the movie without a guardian, so I'll take just some nice cheering and clapping any day.

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

In college I worked as an usher for a year at the university’s movie theater. We’d air second-run movies, ones that came out in theaters 3 months prior and one night we showed Syriana but the DVD we got didn’t have subtitles (about a third of the movie is in Arabic). Aside from a bevy of people asking why no subtitles, they showed their resentment by leaving most of their garbage on the ground for us to clean up.

8. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. Did anyone end up seeing it? Worth watching? Better to wait and watch during the holidays next year? Or skip ... ?

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Disney would be stupid to not make another one. The first two were so profitable it would be business malpractice to not make a third.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

both movies are on hulu

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Anthony_ likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  16. Anthony_

This is really excellent and unexpected news. So cool.

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Hmm I'm not familiar with their work outside of Bob's Burgers but if others say good things about their work then I'm excited!

18. Anthony_

Their work on Bob's Burgers is enough lol plus that new show they created looks really good too.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m glad Marvel Studios officially announced Deadpool 3. Anyone who thought they wouldn’t do it were kidding themselves.

20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Idk Bob's Burgers got pretty stale to me and I haven't kept up with the last 3-4 years of it, but maybe that's just me :-p

21. Anthony_

it think it is just you lol :shhh:

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

H Jon Benjamin should be the villain

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Hope the new writers make me like Deadpool more. Also would like it if this ended up under the 20th Century Studios banner & continued to be its own thing; this franchise would lose a lot of what it had going for it if it got fully assimilated into Marvel Studios.

It’ll be a bummer if they can’t get David Leitch back.

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

welp, guess he’s confirmed for the mcu

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

And R rated!