Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dead to Me (Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, May 21, 2019.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Never actually got around to the first season so I started it up late last night and uh now I'm on the fourth episode of the second season

What an easily bingeable fun watch this is

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

hi justin i miss u

tucah likes this.
  3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

hi cam miss u 2

Shrek likes this.
  4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The end of the sixth episode geeeeez

5. Finished S2. The story didn't feel as compelling as S1, but the characters and performances are still fun to watch.

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Just started episode two and the twin twist is just straight up goofy, lol.

7. Just finished episode 6

I definitely had it in my mind that Michelle was an undercover cop this whole time. But then she turned out to be a chef, so I’m like... okay but she for sure has to be connected to the cops right?? And then when she said she lives with her ex.... I mean there’s only so many cast members on this show lol. Very excited to see where this goes though, I feel like the first half of this season’s been kinda slow so that the back half can really let some of that tension loose

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Glad people in here seem to be enjoying this, I was getting nervous when someone I know said it just wasn't funny like the first season and was so depressing that she shut off episode 6 and doesn't plan to keep watching. Not sure what I'm in for but I loved the first season enough to check it out

9. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I blew through it and enjoyed it quite a bit but I also just kinda took it for what it was and didn’t think too deeply about it

10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I enjoyed this season a lot.

333 GANG likes this.
  11. All wrapped up. Just gonna type Some stray thoughts below. This was fine, a liiiittle underwhelming tbh but I like the characters and will definitely watch future seasons.

This season seemed to be much more about Jen and Judy learning to accept and forgive one another than actually moving the plot. Which I guess I’m okay with, but honestly until the finale, it barely felt like much even happened. I’m excited to watch Perez try to work around her decision to let Jen go, that’ll definitely make things interesting. Hopefully that means more Prager too.

It was clear very early on in the season the the Greek mafia would be Jen’s saving grace, but I guess I just thought it would be a bigger deal? That web really wasn’t tangled enough for me. Maybe more will happen with that down the line.

The car accident... idk. I’m really curious how that will tie into the plot up until now, as I don’t think that would affect the investigation on Jen or Judy? I understand the show is about grief and wrestling with your demons, but I really don’t want like half a season of Ben having a more crisis haha.

And then there’s some weird nit-picky character logic inconsistencies. Like if Jen was worried about being pulled over after they buried Steve, why was she not worried about staying in a hotel in the area as well? Or if she knew the money Judy had stashed couldn’t be put into a bank, why did she then decide to let Judy fork a ton of it over to the one person that hates her most, and then also buy a new car?

Lots of positives too though. Natalie Morales is always amazing and I loved every second she was on screen. I thought the level of focus they had for each of Jen’s kids was perfect — the bird plot was sweet and a nice tie in thematically. The older kid kept me on my toes but wasn’t unfathomably intuitive like some shows write teens to be. James Marsden played Ben fantastically and I feel like we’re gonna get even better scenes out of him next season, and of course Jen and Judy were both amazing. They’re tough to root for at times but you really just don’t wanna see them lose.

12. Lol yeah I noticed this in a couple car scenes, as well as earlier in the season when Judy and Ben visit Steve’s office. It looked like they were standing in a 3D rendering of a room

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Loved the second season just as much as the first season. None of the twists really felt too ridiculous for me, and it truly felt like a natural continuation. I was almost hoping the last episode would wrap things up perfectly but I'm fine watching a third season, I love these characters. I loved the decision to keep James Marsden around and make him super likable, I think he's so underrated

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Also I just rewatched Freaks and Geeks like a month ago and after watching this I've come to the conclusion that I will never stop having a massive crush on Linda Cardellini

riotspray, RyanPm40 and Jake W like this.
  15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I didn't watch freak and geeks until like 5 years ago so she'll always be Velma to me

16. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I finished this awhile ago but forgot to post. I enjoy this so much just for Jen and Judy. I really don't care that they didn't expand the world, and the plot didn't really move forward much. That's not what the show is for me. If they got wrapped up with the Greek mafia, then this would be something superficial like Good Girls. But the emotions in that climactic scene, from Jen saying she's a piece of shit to Judy screaming stop it and hitting herself in the chest, OH MY GOSH... give these women each an Emmy. I'm looking forward to next season and seeing how difficult things will be with the older son knowing the truth about Judy.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Fuuuuuuuuuck that finale whooooo

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Good season, took like.... 5 episodes to really take off but then it was off to the races, big stuff toward the end

19. Jake W

20. Fuck yeah. Love a short show. This quote from Feldman is promising too:

RyanPm40 and Jake W like this.
  21. Jake W

Cool that she's getting to make more stuff for Netflix too

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I could've sworn that the show was originally planned to only be one season, so I'm surprised by the claim that it's exactly what she wanted to make, but maybe I'm just thinking of a totally different show :-p

That's great though, I wish more shows had a good head's up for when to end things rather than leaving things on a cliff hanger (I see you, Santa Clarita Diet)

trevorshmevor and Jake W like this.
  23. Jake W

I'm still mad about SCD ending how it did

supernovagirl and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Exactly what I wanted to happen, so happy it'll get to end well

delvec19 likes this.