Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dead to Me (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, May 21, 2019.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Starring Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Surprised nobody made a thread for this already.

I watched the whole thing today and it's fucking outstanding. Applegate and especially Cardellini give amazing performances, and there's some pretty great jokes layered in with a genuinely intense and twisting storyline. Absolutely loved it, I cannot wait to see where they go next

Also really happy Cardellini has been having such a great couple years, I've really liked her since Freaks & Geeks and I've loved seeing her career get bigger lately

3. GBlades

Trusted

Linda Cardellini is a treasure!

Jake W likes this.
  4. Hey girl!

ghostedaway and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Finally, a thread for this show. It kicks so much ass.

I've told so many people I know that they need to watch this. The closest thing I can come up with is that it's a cross between "Grace and Frankie" and "Big Little Lies."

How about that Great Gatsby-esque ending, huh?

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. 333 GANG

ACAB

Binged this in a little under 2 days, no regrets. The whole season was very good, and the ending was wonderful. Excited for whatever comes next.

incognitojones likes this.
  7. eight30

Regular

Yeah, I loved this and finished in about 2 nights as well. Love that they were 30 minute episodes.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Despite the premise, I did not expect god to be so relentlessly dark. I really loved it though. It’s so much denser than I expected too.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I saw it coming when the woman told her that you can legally shoot someone if you ask them to leave and they don't right before that. Wasn't sure if they'd actually go that far though

I imagine S2 will be the two of them trying to get away with his murder, and becoming friends again (at least I hope so lol). There's also still the loose end of Judy confessing and Jen reporting her

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  10. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Absolutely. I had the same thought too when that came up, I just wasn't sure which of them would be shot.

I also remember literally yelling "Chekhov's gun!" at my tv when it first appeared on screen.

11. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah this was pretty fun, surprised at the ending though. That was brutal and I'm just wondering what the hell is going to happen now

12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

We just finished this show, it's awesome and I am fully on board

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Watched it in two days, was great except the ending was kinda clumsy for me idk, seconding Linda being a treasure

Victor Eremita likes this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

Pretty good show. If season 2 hasn't already been green-lit, that ending was kind of bullshit. You can't end a season like that if you aren't sure you're coming back.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

By that logic a pretty large percentage of shows wouldn't have cliffhanger endings...

16. This was great. S2 seems likely.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wow I loved this. I flew through it so fast. I really thought it was going to be more of a thriller type thing with Judy being “evil” or whatever. But I really liked the way it went instead. They did such a good job of building Judy and Jen’s relationship. I was so happy when Jen called her to come home.

Also even if there was no season 2 I kind of think it would’ve been a fine ending because it was a full circle thing. But obviously very glad it’s coming back

20. Dodge725

Trusted

Just finished watching this and loved it. The writing was so smart, but never felt forced (like with them acting like each other meeting Bambi and later seeing Steve after discussing it at the restaurant). Their grief and guilt also felt really genuine as did their interactions with each other. Both actresses killed it and I can’t wait to see where this goes.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I loved this show and binged through it quickly but that was weeks ago and this thread is reminding me that I don't remember at all how it ended haha oooops

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh wow I just watched Santa Clarita Diet and it went right over my head that Anne was Lucy from P&R. She seems like a good fit for this show

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. 333 GANG

ACAB

Is there a release date for S2 yet?

24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I hope they write her a good character. Liked her as Lucy in Parks and Rec, but Santa Clarita made her so unlikeable haha I was glad when they wrote her off. That isn't her fault as an actor or anything.