Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dead and Company Announce 2017 Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Grateful Dead are hitting the road again with John Mayer as Dead & Company in 2017. The dates can be found below.

05-27 Las Vegas, NV – MGM Grand Garden Arena
    05-28 Phoenix, AZ – Ak-Chin Pavilion
    05-31 Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Bowl
    06-03-04 Mountain View, CA – Shoreline Amphitheatre
    06-07 West Valley City, UT – USANA Amphitheatre
    06-09-10 Boulder, CO – Folsom Field
    06-13 Atlanta, GA – Lakewood Amphitheatre
    06-15 Burgettstown, PA – KeyBank Pavilion
    06-17-18 Boston, MA – Fenway Park
    06-20 Saratoga Springs, NY – Saratoga Performing Arts Center
    06-22 Bristow, VA – Jiffy Lube Live
    06-24 New York, NY – Citi Field
    06-25 Camden, NJ – BB&T Pavilion
    06-28 Cuyahoga Falls, OH – Blossom Music Center
    06-30/07-01 Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field

2. Tata Toothy

Regular

Not a huge dead fan, but it would be cool to see them in fenway.. sadly tickets will be well out of price range

3. Tim McCall

Regular

Go to one of the area bars and sit outside and listen. This isn't much of an act to see.

4. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Damn, closest date to me is like 6 hours away...

still going to see how much tickets are. I'd really like to see this... glad it wasn't just a rumor like I was starting to think.

5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Saw this at MSG last year. It was a really good show if you're into the Dead. I'm not the biggest fan but a casual listener would definitely enjoy it.

Wharf Rat and elemenohpe like this.
  6. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

John Mayer also posted this on his social media:

"And so there's no confusion: The Search For Everything -> spring solo tour -> Dead & Co. summer tour -> solo summer tour -> tour tour tour. "

Wharf Rat and elemenohpe like this.
  7. Behind the Barricade

He just doesn't quit! Good for him for still having time to write new music, tour on that, learn basically every Dead and Weir/Garcia solo song, tour with Company all without a break!

skurt, Wharf Rat and Turkeylegz like this.
  8. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Saw this in Washington and it was unreal. Obviously you have to enjoy the Grateful Dead and 30 minute jam sessions. Mayer fit right in. Was an incredible show and worth the chunk of change to see it.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Woooo

10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This would be cool to see

11. Wharf Rat

Really recommend anyone considering it to go. All 4 D&C shows I've been to were prime. I'll be at Citi if anyone else will be.

Also, come hang Band - The Grateful Dead Thread

12. Wharf Rat

Even more impressive is that he isn't a life long head. He discovered the dead in 2012 and has immersed himself and learned all of it since then. And he plays like the songs are natural to him. It's amazing

13. Behind the Barricade

Holy shit that's just insane! They really should make a documentary about John learning all of these songs and footage of him jamming with Bob. Judging from what I know about Bob, you have to have your shit together due to the way he plays.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  14. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Where should I begin if I've only heard one of their songs? I know there's quite a discography to dive into but I figured I'd ask a Deadhead.

15. Wharf Rat

American Beauty and Workingman's Dead. They don't sound much like anything else they ever did, but they're awesome folk rock type stuff

16. xburningcoffin

KC

The studio recordings aren't considered their best output by fans alike. As far as live recordings go start with: Europe '72, The Closing of Winterland and Dick's Picks Vol 4

Wharf Rat likes this.
  17. Wharf Rat

Oh yeah I meant to give some live stuff as well. Good choices, especially volume 4, that's a favorite for sure.

18. Brian Schantz

Saw this last summer in Camden with my dad, fantastic show.

19. nickdr921

Regular

This band genuinely makes me happy. Everyone take a break from the emo creeper stories and listen to Franklin's Tower :)

elemenohpe and Wharf Rat like this.
  20. Wharf Rat

Good timing, was just at the show last night. Awesome