Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 72

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

These people need help.

Attached Files:

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Pleeease don't retcon The Batman into a new cinematic universe. Let it be its own thing

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I think it’s funny that they supposedly want both a Kevin Feige type figure and more movies like the Joker, when the former kinda keeps the latter from happening.

Which, yeah, I don’t like Joker, lol. But, the same is true for Into the Spider-Verse at Sony and Logan at pre-acquisition Fox. (The same’s also true for another hit I don’t like: Deadpool. Sure, it seems that franchise gets to continue now, but if the rights had been with Disney at the time, it wouldn’t have gotten off the ground.) Heck, probably wouldn’t have The Batman without the DCEU going the way it’s gone thus far.

(And, the same was true a couple decades ago in the comics publishing landscape that produced Morrison’s New X-Men, the Marvel Knights line, and Ultimate Marvel. Sure it also gave us some Chuck Austen comics that were a mess, but imo those messes are more fun than most modern mediocre Marvels, lol.)

Corporate superhero storytelling produces more misses when there’s no reliable direction, but it also lets more interesting stuff through the cracks. That’s always preferable to me over a well oiled corporate machine.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think having overall vision is great but giving the directors creative freedom is crucial. The names he dropped are great ones. I'm not opposed to Wan hanging on to Aquaman. Batgirl seems like it is finally in a good place.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I just watched the original Suicide Squad so I can watch the Harley Quinn movie and The Suicide Squad.

What the fuck.

Seriously. What the fuck.

RyanPm40, Penlab and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  8. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I've always thought of that movie as "decent-to-good characters in search of a plot that end up not finding it."

That one bar scene where Harley gives a pep talk to El Diablo is a really good moment and I think hints at what the movie could have been if it weren't such an incoherent mess.

And the CGI is terrible.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

11. Sean Holmes

Blue Marvel

Now that Discovery has control over CW, will actor David Ramsey final wear his Green Lantern ring?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Sean Holmes

Blue Marvel

Will actor David Ramsey wear his Green Lantern ring?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

14. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Imagine spending $75 million on the Wonder Twins.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Just like Wonder Twins

JoshIsMediocre and Penlab like this.
  17. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

19. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

He lives in a society.

20. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Ugh

21. digitalsea

hate my favorite band Supporter

Todd Phillips being DC's answer to Feige is exactly the kind of decision I expect WB to make lol

TSLROCKS and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

DrAlanGrant and Jason Tate like this.
  23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I recently rewatched the Smallville pilot and it surprisingly held up fairly well. But oh my God, Lana's parents death was quite possibly the funniest on screen death I've ever seen. Just so fucking brutal showing a little girl watch her parents blown to smithereens with dated VFX lol. Super dark.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Apparently whatever the Black Canary project is for HBO Max is still going forward.

25. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Low budget is my guess.