Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 65

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

2. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Started watching some of these and I don’t even know where to begin. I’m gonna vent a little and definitely don’t want this to come off as attacks. I think the problem is me.

Previously I had only seen Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, and Aquaman. I had also seen BvS but figured I’d watch it again because I didn’t remember it. To be fair, I don’t remember any of the other ones. All I remember from Aquaman is the drumming octopus, I couldn’t tell you the plot. I don’t remember the plot of suicide squad except I think the final showdown took place in a subway? I don’t even remember who they were fighting. I can’t remember much about MoS except that I’m pretty sure I actually liked that one.

But I just watched Wonder Woman and BvS complete edition and honestly I have no idea what was going on. It doesn’t hold my attention and the cgi is bad in my opinion. Takes me right out of the movie. Examples being Wonder Woman fight scenes and when her and Chris Pine are on the boat. I don’t remember how they got to a battlefield when she leads that charge. Felt like they were just in a city. For BvS, it felt like 4 movies in one. I get why Batman doesn’t like Superman but I feel like Superman’s argument against Batman was weaker. I get that it’s about not taking justice in your own hands but I mean this guy is killing bystanders all the time. I also hated how they kept the “most people don’t know Clark Kent is Superman” thing. I feel like if it was a marvel movie that would have been removed. In fact, I think only Spider-Man had a secret identity and that’s mostly removed. Why did Batman have that vision or dream? Why did they go from I don’t like you to ready to kill each other. Then they just stop because their moms had the same name.

Yes I’m a marvel fan boy. I like all the movies. I tend to think maybe I don’t like these because I’ve never really enjoyed anything DC. Always hated Superman. Didn’t get into Batman until way later. I’ve always liked marvel but to be honest i only ever cared about X-men and Spider-Man. I knew nothing of Thor or Iron man or captain America until the movies. But I enjoy those way more. I feel like they’re easier to follow. Definitely nicer to look at. And funny.

I want to like these movies. I’m going to continue to try watching them. I’m open to some enlightenment. Sorry, it’s late and my thoughts are everywhere.

Colby Searcy, Jbent and blast0rama like this.
  3. The DC movies tend to be messier, but I'd still say they're more interesting than the general Marvel fare. It's by design, but the the Marvel movies tonally and visually blend together for me, with a few exceptions. The DC movies also tend to look and feel more cinematic. They're more engaging to look at, whereas Marvel movies look flat a lot of times. I always think back to that Patrick Willems video about why the look of Marvel movies is boring.

All that said, I like most of the Marvel movies, and they're definitely executed better.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Really enjoyed the Snyder cut. Haven’t seen the original. Still wasn’t executed the greatest and I’m still not fully onboard with the visuals but I enjoyed it. Then I watched birds of prey and didn’t like that

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Boo. Was super intrigued by that Ava DuVernay/Tom King New Gods project. I’m excited for Chloé Zhao’s Eternals, but I also wanted to see Jack Kirby’s imagination adapted outside of the Kevin Feige house style. Oh well.

7. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

This is somehow Snyder’s fault. I’m certain of it.

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

at this point, because nothing would surprise me, I wouldn't be surprised if we find out they actually are planning to "Restore the Snyderverse" and cancelled Ava's New Gods so it wouldn't clash with Snyder's "vision"

coleslawed and blast0rama like this.
  9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

...the comments seem to imply it was cancelled because they, uhh, wanted to space out Darkseid appearances?

so they cancelled a film by one of the most exciting filmmakers working today cos the Snyder cult couldn't handle a different take on Darkseid. Jesus fucking Christ

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Fuck. I wanted a batshit whacky New Gods world. Guess I'll have to rely on Thor for that.

11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Wow. Damn that’s super disappointing.

12. tvck

Trusted

WB and DC make some of the most asinine decisions. I don’t understand how they are so incompetent. These movies and shows would print them money.

RyanPm40 and Anthony_ like this.
  13. Dodge725

Trusted

Aren’t they planning on having 2 or 3 different Batman’s coming concurrently?

14. tvck

Trusted

Exactly

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Who did the “space out Darkseid appearances” comment come from? ‘Cause that really doesn’t make any sense, lol. I can almost guarantee that neither Zack, nor Ava & Tom, would mind. And, if anything, the tedious machine that is modern superhero filmmaking tends to reward consecutive appearances (“It’S aLl CoNnEcTeD!” and such).

Maybe it’s a victim of the pandemic’s shifted schedules & other projects coming along (like the Ta-Nehisi Coates Superman)? I dunno. If Eternals is a hit & the DC schedule lines up again with Ava’s, maybe we’ll get lucky & it’ll get revived.

16. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yep. Definitely feel like WB is now considering letting Snyder finish his story that involves the Darkseid from ZSJL.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Trench would have been so damn cool too. Loved that New 52 arc.

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

well that can’t be responsible journalism

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

its comicbookmovie, soooooo

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

exactly my point!