Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Ger

Newbie Prestigious

So no GL. Da fuck man.

2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Pretty sure they said maybe a Green Lantern would be in Justice League 2, but you might have to wait till 2020 for GL Corps for your fix.

3. Ger

Newbie Prestigious

Well I suppose it's for the best. The Justice League movie is already packed with so many characters. Quality over quantity etc.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Gonna make a Justice League thread. Might not hit all of the tidbits that are out there. Throw in whatever you see.

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I guess the awful movie soured people on GL a lot but I'm still a little upset we're finally getting a JL movie but it won't include any sort of Lantern.

Bravespear likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

I agree. Plus gives it space from the other film.

Bravespear likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The biggest thing about GL, is that they are going to want to build a separate universe around that. Geoff Johns created soooooo much backstory over the last 15 years. Giving him a bit of freedom in coming up with the best film possible is really the best was to go about it. The biggest problem with GL was the CGI. Everything just looked so damn cheap. If these other films start bringing in a ton of cash, they can probably justify a crazy budget. If they can get the film looking more like Avatar, it could definitely work really really well.

Bravespear and tucah like this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

I thought OA looked great IMO. The issue I had was that they left OA as soon as they got there and Jordan went back to earth to mope around and fight a giant cloud. Had they stayed in space, it would have actually worked.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Davjs likes this.
  12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

No idea who any of those women are

13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Clemons would be a cool pick.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just read about that stuff. Rita Ora is the worst. Do not want.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Ron Fuches joined the main cast. That's certainly a plus.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm still intrigued. Could become something really fun.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

18. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Is Bruce Wayne not famous in the DCEU? Clark Kent didn't know who he was in BvS and Barry Allen refers to him as a "complete stranger" in the Justice League trailer.

19. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I would think as someone famous for being rich/a businessman he's not immediately recognizable to most people. I wouldn't recognize anyone like that.

20. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Yeah, there are plenty of rich people/businesspeople who I would know by name but not just looking at a photo.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Wrestling references everywhere, let's go Ron!

Henry likes this.
  22. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

But hasn't Bruce Wayne always been portrayed as being famous as well as rich? Surely Clark should have known who he was right?

23. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

He's more famous in Gotham than elsewhere I'd say due to his philanthropic interests so I could definitely see how his relative fame wouldn't expand beyond that

RobbieBerns and Jason Tate like this.
  24. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The only celebrity billionaires I'd recognize are probably Zuckerberg and Cuban (and I'm not sure I'd recognize him if he didn't own the Mavs or I didn't live in Dallas)

Plus I'd probably just be like "oh he looks like whatshisname" anyway

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I also think Bruce Wayne isn't quite as visible as say Tony Stark just because of their varying personalities

Colby Searcy and ChaseTx like this.