Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 55

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The biggest gripe for me is the "monster of the week, advance the plot in the last five minutes" format that the shows seemingly have. I'll watch 40 minute shows all day if they are advancing an interesting plot. CW shows (Arrowverse/Supernatural) don't tend to do that.

2. They're serialized network CW shows with a teenage demo. I don't think you're the target demographic for these.

3. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

That's been the formula for these types of shows since Buffy.

Colby Searcy and Jason Tate like this.
  4. It really has. And when it works, it's a lot of fun for escapist entertainment. I don't watch every single week, but when I want something to zone out and watch, I'll toss these CW shows on. (Nancy Drew has been surprisingly good so far! Batwoman, however, was not.)

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Neither do I, but they're so much better than the Arrowverse shows post season 1. I just hate the Arrowverse writing so much.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Both very good points. Buffy is a great example of me losing interest in those middle seasons too. lol

scottlechowicz likes this.
  7. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

You mean you lost interest when Buffy had to fight a cyborg frankenstein and had an annoying little sister retconned into her life?

I'm surprised.

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I've thought about catching up on Supergirl & watching Krypton, just for the Superman content, but if he gets his own series, I'll definitely have to give that a shot!

9. Krypto catching and throwing a missile out a window with his teeth has been top notch Titans content this year.

10. Tim

Krypto is on Titans? Dope. That's not a series that interests me that much personally (though I'm glad for bigger fans of the characters that it's ended up being good), but I'm all about any good Super Pets inclusion.

11. [​IMG]

He's a very good boy.

Joe, Greg, coleslawed and 1 other person like this.
  12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Curious what your 2 current favorite shows are.

13. Titans and Watchmen.

(RIP You're the Worst)

phaynes12 and Colby Searcy like this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Also I'm completely caught up with all the Arrowverse(except for Batwoman) and I couldn't tell you how they tie together or what's going on most of the time but I enjoy the characters and all the cases they are up against

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Green Lantern series heading to HBO Max. Interesting.

16. Started Doom Patrol tonight and I’m a little upset no one told me how good this was. :crylaugh:

17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

frankly i wasn’t aware any of the DC streaming shows were good

18. Tim

None of 'em are really my thing, but I feel like I've pretty consistently heard good things about all of 'em?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

legit haven’t heard anything about any of them, positive or negative

20. drewinseries

Drew

I like Titans. Surprised me a bunch. Some cringey stuff in season 1 but Bruce Wayne in season 2 is a really cool version of the character. Brenton, who plays Dick is a very good robin IMO

21. Titans, Young Justice, and Swamp Thing were all good watches. First episode of Doom Patrol was very entertaining and weird.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  22. This version of Cyborg is fantastic. This show is so wonderfully weird and surprisingly funny.

scottlechowicz and Deanna like this.
  23. It's bonkers. I think sometimes it goes a little overboard with the "edginess" but it's a wacky show so it doesn't bother me too much. Some of the biggest laughs I've had watching tv this year.

24. Tim

coleslawed, Deanna, Joe and 2 others like this.
  25. Tim

As much as I don't like that Routh was often playing Christopher Reeve in Superman Returns more than he was playing Superman (which was probably the fault of that abusive director than Routh's)... Maybe DC should just make a new Superman movie w/ him?