Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

This movie had everything going against it when it was announced but I think everything they put out has looked awesome, including that poster.

drewinseries and Kuri44 like this.
  2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I love that Joaquin Phoenix is playing both Jesus and the Joker this year.

BackyardHero11 and Davjs like this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

He's reaching for the stars!

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

dash64 and BackyardHero11 like this.
  5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Brother Beck likes this.
  6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah for sure. I honestly enjoy Forever haha. it's campy and odd, and there's shades of a darker movie in there. Always wondered what could've been with Val Kilmer if he were given real meaty material for that. perhaps in another universe haha. for me I saw Batman Forever and Batman & Robin in the theatre so my main two to focus on will be 89 and Returns.

Brother Beck likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Forever is more of a Batman movie then Returns is honestly. Returns barely has any Batman in it and the plot is all over the place.

9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I enjoy Forever a lot too, but there's a downward trend across the first three for me and then it completely falls away for the fourth. Even as a kid I thought Batman & Robin was pretty bad.

I didn't see any of them in the theater, but I remember '89 being HUGE when it came out and I got it on VHS right away, probably mainly because I remember my mom liking Michael Keaton.

10. BackyardHero11

Trusted

haha I thoroughly enjoy Batman and Robin for it's own reasons. for me it's just so goofy that it's like that generations adam west batman. except for the weird like Alfred is dying plot that is super serious in juxtaposition with all the ridiculous stuff haha

11. BackyardHero11

Trusted

12. :concerned:

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

14. From that article, it sounds like they abruptly cut the season down to 10 episodes from the originally intended 13. Doesn't sound good in terms of getting renewed for S2.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Joe likes this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

ended up liking shazam more than about 90% of the mcu, wow

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  17. Joe May 20, 2019
    (Last edited: May 24, 2019)
    For anyone that was curious about Doom Patrol but doesn't have DC Universe, the first episode is streaming for free. I've really enjoyed the show.

EDIT: I guess it was only available for a week leading up to the finale today. Forgot to mention that.

coleslawed, Colby Searcy and Davjs like this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

Man, after the DCEU is officially over and they go back to doing just stand alone films, I'd love to get a crazy in depth behind the scenes movie on everything, in the style of "the death of superman lives"

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Shakriel likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

based on what

21. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Based on A Wrinkle in Time being the only blockbuster Ava DuVernay has directed, of course. /s

22. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I love Jack Kirby & love when his style makes it to the screen (see: Thor Ragnarok). I love Mister Miracle & Big Barda of the New Gods. I love Ava DuVernay, whose favorite comic book character is Big Barda. I love Tom King, who recently did a great Mister Miracle comic.

If we are legitimately getting this property adapted by these people, then honestly, outside of the Spider-Verse sequels, this is easily my most anticipated upcoming comic book film. Could be something so very special.

coleslawed and Colby Searcy like this.
  23. Davjs

Trusted

This movie could be so weird and cool. I really hope it gets done! With DCs slate though, I won't believe it until I see a trailer!

24. Davjs likes this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

The definitive list.