Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I love the vibe of that Birds of Prey teaser. That and Shazam continue to be my top 2 most anticipated DC films, over Wonder Woman 1984 & The Batman.

Also, Superman is easily my favorite DC character outside of Batgirl (and even that is up for debate these days), but a Justice League film with a different line-up wouldn't be bad. My favorite Justice League comics I've read are from the 80s Justice League International run by Giffen, DeMatteis, & Maguire, which had a very different team.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I have no clue why there's only 2 months between Batman and Suicide Squad 2

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Ben Affleck will not be playing Batman.

4. Tim

Marvel has unannounced films scheduled for Feb 12, May 7, & Nov 5 of that year, so I guess they're trying to work around those dates? I dunno.

If Batman goes super grounded and detective/crime-focused, and Suicide Squad ends up being directed by James Gunn and in the vein of Guardians, those are different enough to work two months apart. Not THAT different from what Marvel's done, plus they won't have any Fox Marvel films to compete with that year. (Not sure how Sony will fit into that.)

I'm here for a Super Pets animated film if it has Krypto, Streaky, & Ace.

Davjs likes this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

I don't know any other super pets in the DC world. Expect Supergirl's cat that I only saw once in the Justice League Action episode.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Batman Beyond in development.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

Wat.

Micheal Keaton as old Bruce?

8. Tim

To be more specific, apparently an animated film is in development, in response to the success of Spider-Verse.

I can't make up my mind if I want Kevin "the definitive Batman" Conroy to voice Bruce in this, or Michael Keaton. Either way, if this happens and honors Batman's history in a Spider-Verse meets Lego Batman kinda way, it'll be a blast. Break open the whole animated comic book adaptation landscape, y'all.

Davjs likes this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Give me a live action BB with Keaton

coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

13. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

14. drewinseries

Drew

Hm

15. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Also mentions the Joker/Harley romance movie is dead.

drewinseries likes this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

Hmmmm, that seems very odd. I'll wait until more comes out about it before believing it.

17. Tim

If true... Joker/Harley movie being dead is very good. Harley possibly not being in Suicide Squad is weird and not ideal, but also not awful, especially depending on where Birds of Prey leaves off. But, a Gotham City Sirens without Harley is nonexistent.

Just put Poison Ivy in Birds of Prey or Suicide Squad, put Catwoman in The Batman, & drop the Sirens film.

18. Davjs

Trusted

How could I forget about Birds of Prey..... That is why this seemed so off in my mind. Yeah, if she's in that for sure then I could see her not being in SS2.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ezra Miller is threatening to quit if they don't use a script he helped pen.

20. Davjs

Trusted

If they can recast Will Smith and Ben Affleck......

coleslawed likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

they've been stringing him along for 3 years with the movie so I can't totally blame him

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

but why

23. Davjs

Trusted

Same reason there is a show about Superman's grandpa?

I'm all for more of everything comic, but why these characters instead of other heroes?

24. Does anybody have Epix lol? Titans and Doom Patrol are great new DC shows, so unless I hear this is somehow amazing, I'm good.

Davjs likes this.
  25. Kuri44

dash64 likes this.