Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 49

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

If Aquaman does well critically and commercially they can have their little thing going with Wonder Woman and him. Let's just forget about the past and hope that there are baby steps towards a better future.

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm only excited for Shazam. Aquaman butchered the character and looks like a CGI mess.

Oh, actually Joker looks really cool.

3. Davjs

Trusted

I'm fine with the reboot as long as they keep the cast since it was pretty perfect. Kind of what WW84 is doing.

Joe likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I love the outfit Aquaman has in the new film. It does look CGI heavy but it’s also a film that deals with a lot of underwater scenes so I imagined that would happen.

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

6. wtf that's insane

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The things that go down on sets are fucking crazy sometimes. I remember reading about people who almost drowned during a scene in a movie. The movie industry gets away with too much shit.

Nyquist likes this.
  8. The usual hot takes are flying it seems. "Shambles!" "Ruined!"

:crylaugh:

Yeeesh.

Omni likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jared Leto peed on the floor the entire time they filmed Suicide Squad

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Ezra and Kiersey Clemons deserve better

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Affleck is officially out now too

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Let the Snyder era end. Cavill has a good gig with The Witcher. Reboot Superman and Batman once a soft reboot happens with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash.

drewinseries likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

I knew it was coming, but it's still terrible news.

16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Upon a quick search, it doesn't look any more "confirmed" now than it was, say, a month ago. I'm sure Affleck is done, but I doubt it'll become "official" until we get actual concrete casting news for the Matt Reeves Batman film.

On the note of Batman... I hope this reboot finally gets his costume right. BvS got the closest and was exciting at the time, but there's still so much room for growth. I know this had Dick Grayson under the cowl, but Frank Quitely did the blend of classic and practical the best:

FFF58197-F961-4478-9DDC-DABDB3926724.jpeg

Gary Frank does a good job, too, though Quitely did the simplicity of the design better.

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  17. drewinseries

Drew

BvS costume was my favorite, but I hope they keep the gray well seen, and not make it all black like Justice League. The definitive gray was so good IMO. Maybe make him less bulky this time around too.

awakeohsleeper and Davjs like this.
  18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The main downfall of the BvS suit in retrospect is how much it looked like someone cosplaying as an action figure (fitting for Snyder). It wasn't notably worse than the average comic book movie/series costume, certainly better than Cavill's Superman, but it didn't reach the highest potential of the classic costume. Stuff like Amazing Spider-Man 2's Spidey, Deadpool, and the upcoming Black Manta look prove the comic designs aren't something to be scared of.

In a perfect world, the costume would look more like some kind of fabric than armor and would be dark navy & gray.

19. Yeah, it came from the Variety article about Flash:
    It is expected to recast the Dark Knight with a different actor for director Matt Reeves’ upcoming Batman solo outing.
    It's not confirmed, but I think we all know it's happening.

I hope Cavill and Amy Adams get one more shot at a Superman movie with a different director.

I like them both in the roles, and like their chemistry.

coleslawed, Davjs, Omni and 1 other person like this.
  20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Cavill is great, but Adams is awful in that role and they have zero chemistry together.

21. I ... clearly disagree ... so ... uh ... good talk.

Greg likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure I've read a book that gives me a good idea of what Lois should be. With the exception of the current version in the comics, she's always just kinda been a background character for me. I don't think I could watch a film and be like, THATS THE LOIS WE NEEDED.

23. Davjs

Trusted

My favorite Lois was from the Animated Series. She stood on her own and the banter between her and Clark was usually great.

24. Lois Lane is one of my bigger gripes with those movies, but it's nowhere near Amy Adam's fault. I haven't liked the way her character was used.