Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Yet apparently no legit news on Man of Steel 2... Unreal.

Davjs likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Which means it has a high chance of being released

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

4. Kuri44

Man, DC universe just needs to stop altogether. It’s such a mess. Man of Steel was the only okay movie, I can’t even bring myself to watch JL still just cause it looks that bad. It’s still crazy to me to think that ten years ago we were getting such amazing Batman films (and films in general) to now having what looks like if people from a CrossFit class came together to make a fan-made dc film.

I’d Prefer them not having a universe at all, just give me individual movies for each hero.

5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Wonder Woman was a hundred times better than Man of Steel.

I do generally think Man of Steel is overrated by people who like it and underrated by people who hate it. It’s bad but has some real moments of kinetic imagery and emotional resonance that feel truly inspired, but they’re failed by the general mass of the movie around them.

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The Dark Knight trilogy ruined the DC universe for me. Nothing will ever top it and I will always crave for DC films to be half as good as Batman Begins or The Dark Knight.

Kuri44 likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

GLC movie will be incredible now

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

They just have no clue about what they’re doing.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this is such a weird read given some of the stuff in production.

Warner Bros. Finally Decides The Best Business Plan For DC's Future Is To Make Good Movies

“I think the good movies work better,” Emmerich says. “Somebody once said the best business strategy in motion pictures in quality. And I think in a world of Rotten Tomatoes and social media, what’s been proven the better the movie — particularly in the superhero genre — the better it performs. You can’t hide the bacon anymore.”

“I would say no matter what, the better the movie is the more advantage it is. Now when you’re talking about art, I do believe that it’s tough to judge art at the moment when its presented to the world….But I would say there are movies that are right for their time, that an audience is ready for, that’s in sync with the zeitgeist, and I think you need a movie whose quality is recognized at the moment of release so it’s in touch with the culture of the moment. We’re at a unique moment around the planet and certain types of movies are working better than others at this moment of time. And I do think Aquaman will sync up with the global culture zeitgeist of what’s happening right now. “

12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Is that an admission that they haven't even been attempting to make good movies?

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Lol what is happening in that interview

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Phoenix movie will be an origin story.

15. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

lmao what the fuck is this

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Joaquin Phoenix as The Joker is as intriguing as a Joker movie from the guy who did The Hangover and Old School is no thanks

17. Davjs

Trusted

Ever since Kevin Smith did Red State and Peele did Get Out, I don't type cast anymore lol. Maybe Phillips has it in him to do this if he's passionate enough.

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I think we should be more concerned with why DC thinks it's a good idea to have two separate Joker movies in the works right now, one with Phoenix and one with Leto. Like, are they just trying everything and hoping something sticks?

19. Davjs

Trusted

Sadly, yes.

I'm such a huge DC fan, I just want these movies to be good haha. The last few years have been hard.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hopefully with the coming changes in management, that changes.

21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

BD1316D0-6F09-40E1-99A7-6C55A0596678.jpeg

This is good.

thedrudo and Davjs like this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have a feeling a trailer will win me over

23. Hey look, bright colors!

24. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Love that pic so much.

25. drewinseries

Drew

Man I know I'm an outlier, but I just love BvS Ultimate Edition.

BackyardHero11 and Davjs like this.