Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 36

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

As much as I want the eventual next solo Superman film to have the absolute minimum possible in common with Snyder's era outside of the cast, and as much as I crave a full return of the classic Superman theme... I also would love to hear some of the music from Man of Steel recycled. Hans Zimmer really nailed that soundtrack.

Dodger and Davjs like this.
  2. Agree with all of this. I loved MoS though ha.

Davjs likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Melissa McCarthy and Tiffany Haddish in a gritty mob drama based on a D.C. Property?

This is unexpected

5. Davjs

Trusted

*face palm* Can't they just not announce movies before they have scripts written for them yet? The horse seems to always be miles before the carriage in the DCEU.

6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

7. Tim

8. Joe Feb 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2018)
    That would be cool to see sometime down the line.

I was pretty indifferent to it, originally. Seems for the best now, considering the backlash to JL and the gradual realization that Whedon isn't as great of a guy as was previously thought. Maybe they'll get Batgirl going again with a female writer/director.

EDIT: This site is reporting that if WB/DC do move forward with this, they want a female filmmaker.
    Joss Whedon Exits DC’s “Batgirl” Movie: “I Really Didn’t Have a Story”

9. Tim

Like, Batgirl is my favorite DC character. I'm more into a Batgirl movie than anything else; Superman is the only thing that'd come close. But, like, I don't want someone gross like Whedon doing the character.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. Tim

Henry likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

13. Tim

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Today is the first day I’ve heard of her and that made it more humorous to me. I thought they were just like “someone wants to write it? Sign them up!” Now it makes more sense.

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

She's a fantastic author too. I read her novel An Untamed State last year and was very impressed.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

17. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Dc is the definition of a hot mess.

18. Y’all never watch Entourage? This is Hollywood.

19. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Love Zimmer's work on MOS.

Davjs and Dodger like this.
  20. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

21. Paul Feig makes good movies.

22. Bridesmaids is great. Spy and Ghostbusters were both fine. I haven't seen The Heat.

Anyways, as the conversations above mention, it sounds like WB/DC would look for a female filmmaker if they decide to move forward with Batgirl. But who knows.

23. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

Paul Fieg makes mediocre movies. Or shit ones ala GB