Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Ger

Newbie Prestigious

Since Amber Heard is Mera can we get Johnny Depp to play Orm.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Ben Affleck has been added as an Executive Producer for Justice League Part One.

3. Sounds good to me.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I've never really understood what an executive producer really does besides put money towards a film.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

After seeing Civil War, I feel like a new standard has been set. I love the DC Universe, and I just hope the rest of the films live up to the hype.

Joe likes this.
  6. I'm more excited for Suicide Squad than Dr. Strange, but ya after Civil War and the negative reaction to BvS (I liked it, though), DC really needs to step it up.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I really liked BvS as well, but something about Civil War really just blew me away. Character motivation as to why everyone was pitted against each other made much more sense in CW than it did BvS.

I'm definitely excited for Suicide Squad though, and also really excited about the aspect of a Jared Leto Joker going up against Ben Affleck's Batman sometime down the road. I'm hoping in a solo Batman movie, we'll find out what happened to Wayne Manor, and Robin.

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha also the new Doctor Strange trailer gave me a big Inception vibe.

9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm just excited about Batman being canon to the Waniverse

10. Ya, Civil War fleshed out their characters and motivations much better. Of course, they have so many previous films that inform their characters, while BvS only had MoS and tried to do too much. I'm very excited for the Batman solo movie.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I'm also equally excited about this upcoming Wonder Woman solo. Definitely a lot to look forward to in both universes.

Joe likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Green Lantern Corps was moved from June of 2020 to July of 2020. This is significant because that is two weeks after an untitled Marvel film. What the hell are they thinking?

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Rumor going around that the villain in Justice League: Part One will not be Darkseid, but Steppenwolf.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Seems like a silly move. Obviously Darkseid will follow, but why use a guy people aren't going to recognize?

jkauf likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Aren't the 2 kinda related usually?

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, he is a New God. There are just so many bigger names they could use. Even Orion would be sweet.

17. Colby Searcy

Don't know much about either of those 3 honestly. Isn't the newest version of Orion gay? That would be interesting to use that.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Not from anything I've read. Midnighter was in a relationship with Apollo and later Prometheus, but those are the only characters I'm aware of.

I'm not huge on the New Gods stuff.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

Apollo was the one I'm thinking of. I knew it was one of those astral names

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

If you haven't read Midnighter, it's kinda great. Also, I probably just spoiled it for you. Whoops.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Colby Searcy

Haha by the time I get around to it I'll likely forget. But to be fair Apollo and Midnighter dated before Midnighter got his solo series so that part wasn't spoiled, the other maybe.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ordered to series by NBC.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]

ChaseTx, Tim and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Very happy for Danny Pudi, he's so great. Also fun that he's canon in both Marvel and DC continuities

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm pretty excited for this show. Here's hoping for some great C-list DC character appearances.