Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Marc Webb passed too and Crudup dropped out

2. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I appreciate that both former Spider-Man directors were like "yeah no thanks".

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. Crudup dropping out is interesting. So he's gonna be in JL but not in the Flash movie, which means they'll either have to exclude him from the story (or at least appearing) or re-cast him. Leaning towards the former.

4. Hm.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  5. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

WB denies EW's claims too.

Crudup better be in Flash or I'm going to be so bummed.

6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

And both are directors who aren't interested in huge tentpole franchises anymore.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Black Lightning sounds great.

Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) is a man wrestling with a secret. As the father of two daughters and principal of a charter high school that also serves as a safe haven for young people in a New Orleans neighborhood overrun by gang violence, he is a hero to his community. Nine years ago, Pierce was a hero of a different sort. Gifted with the superhuman power to harness and control electricity, he used those powers to keep his hometown streets safe as the masked vigilante Black Lightning. However, after too many nights with his life on the line, and seeing the effects of the damage and loss that his alter ego was inflicting on his family, he left his Super Hero days behind and settled into being a principal and a dad. Choosing to help his city without using his superpowers, he watched his daughters Anissa (Nafessa Williams) and Jennifer (China Anne McClain) grow into strong young women, even though his marriage to their mother, Lynn (Christine Adams), suffered. Almost a decade later, Pierce’s crime-fighting days are long behind him…or so he thought. But with crime and corruption spreading like wildfire, and those he cares about in the crosshairs of the menacing local gang The One Hundred, Black Lightning returns — to save not only his family, but also the soul of his community. Based on the characters from DC, BLACK LIGHTNING is from Berlanti Productions and Akil Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash”), Salim Akil & Mara Brock Akil (“Being Mary Jane,” “The Game,” “Girlfriends”), and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “The Flash”). The Black Lightning character was created by Tony Isabella with Trevor Von Eeden.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

I'm kinda over CW shows, but that sounds really interesting. I'll give the first season a shot for sure. I wonder if it'll connect to the rest of the shows....it has to right?

9. I saw headlines saying it wasn't going to be connected to the Arrowverse.

Davjs likes this.
  10. drewinseries

Drew

Why wouldn't it be? Seems like it would only help the batch of shows to have some crossover.

11. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah seems like a big swing and a miss. Being a part of the Arrowverse doesn't mean you need characters in each seasons showing up. Black Lighting S1, S2 etc could entirely be its on thing, and it should, but I don't get why having him show up for a crossover arc is something to intentionally not do.

w.e, shows are getting lamer anyway.

12. It's a logistical nightmare. They need extra days built into the shooting schedules for actor availability and I guarantee they started planning the schedule for next year's crossover months before Black Lightning was going to series. I think Black Lightning is also shooting in Atlanta instead of Vancouver like the rest of the shows and it's also a midseason replacement which means it probably won't even be on the air until Legends is done.

13. Ah, I forgot they were filming in Atlanta. Does seem it'd be difficult to include it.

14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

15. drewinseries

Drew

Gosh that's terrible. Good on him for stepping away to be with family. Maybe two different minds on it over time will spark something interesting. Him feeling the need to get this out there because of the internet pressure and rumors is pretty rough.

16. drewinseries

Drew

Like if WB said "Synder stepping down to be with family" the internet would crucify him and call the film a mess.

17. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

it's no win for Snyder sadly. if JL gets good reaction, some groups will claim it's because of whedon. if it tanks, they'll say whedon did what he could but Snyder botched it.

but it doesnt matter. he lost his daughter and i hope he and his family make it through their tragedy okay. that sucks for sure.

18. Davjs

Trusted

19. The article made it sound like WB wants to get this going sooner rather than later, hence parting ways with Liman, who's busy with a few projects already.

20. Davjs

Trusted

I should have read before commenting.........but its so hard to believe this is going to come out before more flag ship characters have their movies. Are they just rolling dice over there to decide what to do next?

21. Who knows. I would hope that with Geoff Johns running the ship, they have a path laid out.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

23. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I've still never seen that. Don't think I could handle it.

lightning13 likes this.