Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Cinematic Universe Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

The DC Extended Universe (DCEU) is an American media franchise and shared fictional universe that is centered on a series of superhero films, produced by Warner Bros. Pictures and based on characters that appear in publications by DC Comics. The shared universe, much like the original DC Universe in comic books, will be established by crossing over common plot elements, settings, cast, and characters.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Release dates for Wonder Woman and Justice League Part One have been announced. Looks like June 23, 2017 for WW and November 17, 2017 for JL P1. Going to be another big year for DC.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

JK Simmons is Commissioner Gordon!!!

4. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Well that eliminates him from being J. Jonah Jameson in Spiderman.

5. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm assuming it means there was no hope for him being in the new Spider-Man though. Didn't he say he would return? Or did I imagine that?

6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Wonder what his hair will look like

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Flash and Aquaman aren't getting origin stories.

8. Meerkat

Not surprised about The Flash, but a little with Aquaman

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Does Aquaman even have an origin story? He's kinda like Thor in that he's just there, or at least that's what I thought; I've never actually read any of his stuff. Like, there's history to their kingdoms, but that's not quite the same thing.

Flash's origin is something I'd expect to be explained, especially since they even have a dang flashback to Bruce's parents dying. I mean, come on, lol. I feel like his first solo movie will have to throw in a flashback for people who don't watch the show (which is a mistake on their part) or read the comics. Though, the high quality of the show has me pretty uninterested in his film adaptation at the moment.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Aquaman didn't know who he was until his mom shows up and his dad had some explaining to do. He finds out he is the rightly heir to the throne and battles his half brother for it. Geoff Johns did a fantastic run to kick off The New 52 or you can just watch Throne of Atlantis which is that run. Lots of Justice League in there too.

11. Meerkat

Considering most of the world thinks Aquaman is a dud, I thought they'd really jump at the chance to rewrite that from the beginning. But I suppose that'll happen regardless of the movie being on origin story or not.

12. Tim

Oh. Huh. Some nerd I am. I would have remembered that if he were a Marvel character. :panther: I wouldn't be too bothered by them skipping that and just introducing him already established.

I'll probably keep my eye out for the Geoff Johns trades going forward. They did a goofy thing by having a Justice League trade and Aquaman trade that are identical from the crossover, right?

13. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I can do without origin stories, or at least in the conventional sense, usually makes the first act of the film a complete bore.

Nick likes this.
  14. This makes sense to me given the TV show. No real reason to just do a full on origin movie.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

16. ChaseTx Mar 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2016)
    ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't expect it to be great, but I am excited to see BvS in two weeks now

EDIT: *One week!

17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I'm so ready for BvS. Haha the wait has been long for me for this between Man of Steel.

18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Would have thought if any of them got an origin story, it would have been Aquaman.

19. Colby Searcy

Watched Man of Steel for the first time a few weeks ago, WAY different than I expected. (I feel like i've said this recently on here but can't seem to find it).

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I still have to watch that. Preferably before bear vs shark.

ChaseTx likes this.
  21. ChaseTx

Yeah I'm going to rewatch MoS as well. I remember thinking it was fine.

Also thinking of paying the extra $24 at Alamo Drafthouse to get the pint glasses and magazine. Civil War too.

22. Colby Searcy

Wonder if Lobo will be R-rated? Seems like it should be right?

23. Tim

I can't imagine a Lobo film will do all that well. Seems like a weak, misguided attempt at playing off Deadpool's success when that had WAY more of a fan base built in.

I mean, it COULD succeed and be good and whatnot. If GOTG worked, anything can. It just feels like the studio is looking for a sure success in the wrong place.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. ChaseTx

I don't really know who Lobo is.