Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Animated Universe • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by younglikeme, Apr 4, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i'm not subscribed to anything unfortunately

2. I second the Batman and Superman TAS, Teen Titans, and Young Justice recommendations. All great. I remember liking the Justice Legue cartoon. Don't think I ever watched Unlimited. Haven't seen the Wonder Woman movie. I remember loving Batman Beyond when I was a kid, but I watched a clip of it recently and it didn't hold up, so I'm not sure if I'd still like it today. Static Shock was cool too.

lightning13 likes this.
  3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm looking forward to Justice League Dark

Joe likes this.
  4. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

kisscartoon.me has some pretty good streams.

5. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

that's what i found! thanks. definitely looking forward to watching these. I want to watch movies first.

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

New Froniter is an excellent animated movie based off the excellent comic by Darwyn Cooke. Definitely worth watching.

Davjs and lightning13 like this.
  7. Speaking of JLD, here's a featurette. Super cool that they got Matt Ryan to voice Constantine.

Colby Searcy and Davjs like this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

The top tier films are: Wonder Woman, Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Superman vs. The Elite, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Justice League: War, Batman: Assault on Arkham.

Young Justice is amazing, but to get the full DC experience dive right into the Bruce Timm universe. Batman The Animated Series, Superman The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

lightning13 likes this.
  9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

thank you thank you thank you! i'm gonna watch wonder woman and flashpoint paradox first

Jason Tate and Colby Searcy like this.
  10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Matt Ryan for Constantine is a score. Hopefully it's an indication that they plan on continuing to use him in the Arrow-verse. Honestly it feels like a total waste not to. I'm surprised he isn't a supporting cast member of Arrow, a member of the Legends crew, or a contract like Wentworth Miller or John Barrowman, where he can appear wherever they need him.

That said, Justice League Dark looks amazing. I loved the New 52 comic, and this looks to be a great adaption of that. I hope that the reaction to this animated movie has no bearing on the live-action version they had in development. Unless it gets them to make it a higher priority haha.

Davjs and Deanna like this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

You need to watch Unlimited ASAP! There are story arcs that tie into things that happen in Superman TAS, Batman Beyond and Justice League and has an awesome wrap up for the universe.

Joe likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

So I watched Killing Joke last night. It was pretty "eh". Not because of the controversy over Batgirl and Batman, but just because it was boring. The action scenes aren't very exciting and the story didn't seem to flow smoothly. The animation was very jarring as well. For example, they animated Batgirl to look modern and she looked great, but then they stuck Batman with the art style from the book which is dated and they didn't look right together. The voice acting for Gordon was pretty bad too. Overall not one I would recommend.

13. tbh I'm probably gonna start a re-watch of everything sometime. It's been many years since I've watched those series so I wanna drown myself in the full experience from the beginning.

Davjs likes this.
  14. Davjs

Trusted

Living the dream! :heart:

15. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

enjoyed wonder woman apart from steve trevor's portrayal. was irritating and unlikable, and their relationship felt unconvincing to me.

loved flashpoint paradox and am almost done with war - no complaints there either!

what do you all think of JL vs TT and Crisis on Two Earths?

16. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah Steve was comic relief, which is what he needed to be. Glad you liked them both! JL v TT and Crisis are both great to IMO. I'd be a shorter list to just name the bad ones you should avoid.

lightning13 likes this.
  17. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Assault on Arkham was also amazing...I'm so glad I'm finally getting around to watching these :teethsmile: Thanks everyone

Colby Searcy, Davjs and ChaseTx like this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

It was a perfect example of how a movie can work in the Batman universe without the focus being on him. I loved how sparingly and effective both Batman and Joker were while still being all about the Suicide Squad. Seeing this gave me huge hopes for the live action movie.

19. St. Nate

Many Batman TAS episodes are not about Batman at all.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

hmmm, good point. My point still stands at it being a good example of a great story not told through his POV.

21. St. Nate

I think that's what's great about Batman's world. His rogues gallery is filled with great villains who you can also sympathize with at a certain level. Sometimes the plot is driven by the villains alone with Batman just a casual observer.

Davjs likes this.
  22. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

What do people think of the Batman animated films? I haven't seen any, and was planning on throwing them on my phone before a long drive tomorrow. Any must see ones? Any I should avoid? I was thinking of getting The Dark Knight Rises, Under The Red Hood, Year One, and Son Of Batman-Batman Vs. Robin-Batman: Bad Blood.

23. Davjs

Trusted

Some of DC's worst ones are in that list! I'd go with Under the Red Hood, Assault on Arkham, Batman vs Robin but you'd be missing out if you limited it to just Batman. Also do JL WAR and Flashpoint. Those have some great Batman scenes in them.

lightning13 likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just remembered that I bought the hardcover Death of Superman and Year One but still haven't watched either.

25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'm still making my way through Batman: The Animated Series, but definitely want to check out more of the animated stuff. What all would you guys recommend?