Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Animated Universe • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by younglikeme, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

It def seems that way but maybe they will tweak it. The Animated movies have always been more Mature/Adult oriented so the R could be a combination of things.

Nick likes this.
  2. Something about the animation seems off for me, but I'm excited for this.

3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The animation looks horrible. That's weird.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I do like that they're giving it an extended prologue with Batgirl so she gets her due and isn't a lifeless footnote in Gordon's story, but I still won't watch this.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Holy shit the animation does not look fluid at all.

6. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Damn. I don't know what is up with DC animation. They make the weirdest decisions. They're clearly capable of much better animation.

7. T.J.

music and baseball.

I don't think the animation for The Killing Joke looks bad at all.

8. It looks ok when it's a still shot, but there's not enough fluidity in the motion. Like they rushed the animation or something.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

August 2 for Killing Joke.

younglikeme likes this.
  10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Ready for this.

younglikeme likes this.
  11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The Batman voice actor always sticks out as particularly awful. I don't understand why they don't just always go to Kevin Conroy. He's clearly still willing voice the character.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Justice League Dark is going to be an animated feature.

Colby Searcy and ChiliTacos like this.
  13. From the Collider article I just read. A Justice League Dark movie could be cool. I love the Constantine character.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It gives them a lot more freedom than a theatrical release. That would end up being far too expensive.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I just want a Zatanna one!

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm a fan of Deadman

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone going to try and catch The Killing Joke in theaters?

18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

ChaseTx likes this.
  19. Raku

Regular

So I watched Batman: Year One... After watching two seasons of Gotham, it was funny hearing live action Jim Gordon playing cartoon Bruce Wayne/Batman (and yes, I'm aware he had the Year One role before Gotham, but still).

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. Skip to 3:55 if you don't care for DC comics news. Is it just me, or does even Kevin Conroy sound flat in this? Still can't get over the sub-par animation.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Really curious how they play off Katana. It's a woman who kills people because her dead husband that lives in a sword tells her to. lol

Tim likes this.
  22. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

My daughter is going to love DC Superhero Girls. She keeps asking for the Poison Ivy doll

Tim and Colby Searcy like this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

CBR is saying that the animation was actually one of the things they really liked about The Killing Joke.

24. This show isn't quite my tempo, but it looks like a fun kids show. Wonder Woman looks dope.

Interesting... it just doesn't look that fluid from what I've seen. Maybe it's a stylistic choice and will play better when I see the movie. Going to see this in theaters on Monday.