Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Animated Universe • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by younglikeme, Apr 4, 2016.

1. failinginplace

Regular

Ummm so I've been watching the last few episodes of Young Justice since the second half of the season return, and holy shit has anyone watched 4x19 "Encounter Upon The Razor's Edge?" Because THAT episode threw me for a loop that I was NOT expecting. I about screamed "YES!!!!" in my home office at the risk of waking up my small kids because it was that. damn. good.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What in particular? The ring stuff?

Catwoman movie is up on HBO. Its fun. Really horny. Love the anime aesthetic.

failinginplace likes this.
  3. failinginplace

Regular

Yes. It's a direct epilogue to the Green Lantern: The Animated Series from a decade back. They brought in the writers from that show to write the ep for YJ, as well as the same voice actors. And what was going on with Razor was a wonderful follow up to his storyline from that series finale. YJ basically made that entire other show canon within the YJ universe. That show had all the color Corps, and even fought the Anti-Monitor. It was such a good episode of Young Justice to do this, and completely caught me off guard. Freaking loved it.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sounds like I need to watch that series. I was never into GL until New 52, but I've gone back and read a lot. Seems like it'd be up my alley.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Back in July, but they haven't announced a date.

Colby Searcy likes this.
    failinginplace likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. failinginplace

Regular

10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm rewatching Harley Quinn right now and am so ready for season 3. This show's great.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

12. First 3 episodes were great.

13. RyanPm40

Yeah had a lot of fun with them. My only complaint is the animation budget feels smaller - episode two in particular has a pretty low framerate

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

YES. I noticed this and thought my computer was bugging out.

Loved the episodes tho.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Just finished episode 4. This show is incredible. Needs more Bane though

RyanPm40 and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

17. That's probably good news for the spin-off too.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Looks like Young Justice was canceled.

The Batman/Catwoman stuff in Harley is very not good.

19. RyanPm40

I miss Doctor Psycho. This show desperately needs to utilize it's supporting cast more. Harley's crew hasn't really been doing much of anything. They also seem to have gotten rid of most of Harley's character progression from the last two seasons and reduced her to "annoying girlfriend"

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm honestly a little frustrated with this season. Its starting to come together a bit, but the whole thing has felt scattershot between the Batman, Harvey, Ivy, Joker, gang characters all doing their own things. I enjoyed the first two seasons a ton because the show had a core focus. It feels like they had a bunch of ideas they wanted to run concurrently.

Crazy some of the guests they've had this season. Loved Rachel Dratch and Sam Richardson in the Swamp Thing episode.

"You were literally inside me last night."

Colby Searcy and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. RyanPm40

Oo I haven't seen the Swamp Thing episode yet. I LOVE those two comedians so I am excited to check that one out anyways

22. failinginplace

Regular

not surprised, but definitely sad about this. it was such a good show.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Raku and bradsonemanband like this.
  24. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Redact them to the ground.

Raku likes this.
  25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious