Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Animated Universe • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by younglikeme, Apr 4, 2016.

1. dash64

This is my design

Combo pack is coming in October. It's going to have both movies combined into one with extra footage.

Tim likes this.
  2. dash64

This is my design

Loved Hush, and can understand some of the changes. The steelbook is awesome too!

3. Dodge725

Trusted

Wasn’t a huge fan of Hush. I think some of the moments tried too hard to be edgy (Ivy cursing and the not so subtle sex scenes), which is unfortunately a criticism I have of all the animated films. What’s also strange is fidelity to the comic for some things, like Ivy and the Joker’s scenes, but then the major changes to the graveyard and final reveal and fight that take a lot of the heart/interest out of the story and makes it more silly. The additional Catwoman stuff was good though even is I wasn’t a fan of Dr. Cameron voicing Catwoman or how the relationship ended.

4. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The “twist” in Hush was so dumb.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

6. Still not sold on that, but it does look like it'll have a few laughs.

7. yeeeeah i don't know about this one

8. Loved the first episode of the Harley Quinn show.

9. Kite man! Hell yeah!

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. I'm catching up on a bunch of DC animated stuff.

Watched Batman vs TMNT, which was pretty good. Such a cool idea that yielded a lot of fun interactions.

Also watched Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans, which was a blast and does a lot of cool things with its premise. I had so much fun with this one. I'm tempted to watch Teen Titans Go to the Movies now. Was a big fan of the original series but never picked up Go!, which I figured just wasn't for me.

St. Nate likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Are these streaming anywhere?

12. Not that I know of. I tried to look them up on DC Universe but didn't see them, so I watched via other methods.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. Hush was cool. I know nothing about the source material, so I don't know what liberties were taken with this one. I enjoyed the romance/relationship stuff quite a bit.

14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Have they announced any new animated movies on the slate? Seems oddly quiet on that front unless I just haven’t seen the news.

15. Superman: Red Son should be released digitally on Feb 25. Idk if it drops on DC Universe the same day or not.

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War and Superman: Man of Tomorrow were also announced for 2020 but don't have release dates as far as I know.

16. In fact, here's a trailer for Red Son!

17. I enjoyed Justice League vs The Fatal Five. Had several characters I've never see in action before like Jessica Cruz, Star Boy, and Mister Terrific (not really counting Arrow). I'd be down for another movie with this team.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just watched a trailer for the Harley show and yikes. That voice acting is next level bad. Everyone just feels like they were cast completely wrong.

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Cool that they’re doing more Superman stuff. I have no interest in Red Son, but I hope Man of Tomorrow is a good, well animated, just straight up Superman story.

Wonder what other actual stories will be adapted. Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow would rule.

20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

21. Rated R for Bloody Violence, Language, and some Sexual References...

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

might see mask of the phantasm this weekend. is it ok that i haven't seen any of batman: tas beforehand

23. I think you're fine. It's pretty self-contained from what I remember. It's been a while.

Serh likes this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

thanks, caught it last week. it was really good. my theater applauded when joker showed up (and again when "and mark hamill as the joker" appeared in the credits.) top tier dc for sure

Joe likes this.
  25. I really enjoyed Red Son. Turned out to have more layers than the generic switcheroo concept I thought it was going to be.