Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Animated Universe • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by younglikeme, Apr 4, 2016.

1. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Made a Young Justice thread, in case anyone was interested. Didn't want to overwhelm this thread with too much YJ talk.

Raku likes this.
  2. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

That would be awesome and super helpful.

And I personally don't mind the live action movies being dark. My main complaint with BvS is it felt really disjointed...but wrong thread to get in to that haha.

I guess I'm just surprised to see villains get killed off in the animated movies haha. Though from what I've been reading on line most of the movies seem to be clustered in to different continuities so it doesn't mater too much if someone gets killed or not haha.

3. younglikeme

ii // YLM

Thank you sir! I'll be popping in that a lot once I get to that point in my chronological journey haha

I could definitely concur with it being disjointed, as well as the pacing but those were my only real complaints but yes, wrong place haha --One of the things I always loved about DC was their fearlessness in killing characters or altering them for a stranger universe, because you're absolutely right, there are too many continuities to count. Not to mention multiverse worlds.

& finding where & how to get these is proving a little more daunting than I thought but I am undeterred, I am going to get it done... I ... AM ... BATMA-- wait... I think I'm losing it now haha

4. younglikeme

ii // YLM

So I just used a couple different stream search sites to update the movie list to include bold, which indicates it's streamable, or an asterisk showing you can rent or purchase this on some digital medium (all of them so far!). Most of the streamable content seems to be on HBO so kudos to them! Netflix had 2 or 3 but I had hoped there'd be more.

Happy watching & don't forget to come back & praise/condemn when you're done!

T.J. and ChaseTx like this.
  5. drewinseries

Drew

I just watched that one, not bad. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. There is one really, really, high school movie moment, but I guess it's alright since we are dealing with teens.

6. T.J.

music and baseball.

I just finished watching Son of Batman. It was a cool story. Still strange to think Batman has a son, though.

7. younglikeme

ii // YLM

Haha I agree for Batman but I always imagined Bruce would have tons of illegitimate kids from all his playboy exploits. If you dug it though I highly recommend Batman vs. Robin, & Bad Blood as they're sequels & it just builds off everything you liked about Son of Batman.

8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Man I really love Damien Wayne, he's about the only thing Grant Morrison related I enjoy.

younglikeme likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

10. Colby Searcy

@ChaseTx was it any good, i've never watched it or Young Justice. Watch Teen Titans GO! on occasion though.

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It ran when I was too old and too young to watch superhero cartoons, haha. But it's popular and I've been wanting to get around to it.

My daughter loves TTG so maybe she'll like this as well

12. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

When that pop-punky/edgy rock song came on during the carnival montage in TT vs JL i fucking lost it. With the exception of that, I dug the movie for the most part. Having read the first trade of Wolfman's Teen Titan's recently it was cool to see a more updated version of that story told just with the new DC teen characters.

younglikeme likes this.
  13. drewinseries

Drew

On "Failsafe" episode of Young Justice. I hope it's explained why the team didn't really seemed phased at all by their mentors' "deaths."

14. drewinseries

Drew

Pretty much exactly my thoughts.

15. younglikeme

ii // YLM

Oh they will...*menacing laugh*

16. younglikeme

ii // YLM

I loved them & I thought the way they dealt with the legacy of being the "teen" versions or sidekicks of these iconic superheroes was really well done, especially in Young Justice.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Young Justice's ending. UGH.

younglikeme and RobbieBerns like this.
  18. younglikeme

ii // YLM

I blame WB & CN.

Raku likes this.
  19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

younglikeme likes this.
  20. Kinda figured it would be. That story is pretty damn dark.

younglikeme likes this.
  21. younglikeme

ii // YLM

22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yahoo has premiered the first trailer for Batman: The Killing Joke.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Tim likes this.
  24. Colby Searcy

Were you expecting it not to be?

I understand the scene is incredibly problematic but it wouldn't really be the same without it

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i would have hoped they could re-do it and fix it. going R screams yeah we're going to go through with this exactly.