Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Animated Universe • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by younglikeme, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Death of Superman is great. I really enjoyed it.

Davjs likes this.
  2. For anyone checking out DC Universe stuff.

Davjs likes this.
  3. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Is that someone new voicing Harley? Something about her sounded....off. Maybe the way she talked?

Raku likes this.
  4. Kaley Cuoco voices Harley Quinn.

Also starring Lake Bell, Alan Tudyk, Ron Funches, JB Smoove, Jason Alexander, Wanda Sykes, Giancarlo Esposito, Natalie Morales, Jim Rash, Diedrich Bader, Tony Hale, and Chris Meloni.

Davjs likes this.
  5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Hmm. Weird. Why not just keep using Tara Strong? Everyone’s so used to it by now. I guess maybe to distinguish itself as it’s own thing. Or maybe just for the name recognition of Cuoco.

Raku and Davjs like this.
  6. Ya I'm not sure why they decided to switch it up.

Raku likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

8. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

That.....is not what people wanted lol. How is it THAT hard to just make a movie sequel to the original Teen Titans. Why did they have to involve GO?

Raku likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

Ah, this is what they teased at the end of the Teen Titian's Go Movie? I really liked the movie a lot actually, as well as the old show so I'm sold on just that teaser. I don't need anything else.

10. Davjs likes this.
  11. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Go really isn't as bad as most people make it out to be.

12. Davjs

Trusted

It's not bad, it's just different. A complete 180. One is an action drama show with some comedy and the other is random slap stick comedy.

13. dash64

This is my design

Raku and Jason Tate like this.
  14. Nice. I liked the last one.

15. dash64

This is my design

Same, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed The Death of Superman.

16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yeah, in spite of the bad New 52 era continuity weighing down the animated continuity, Death of Superman was some really good Superman.

I didn't think I'd be as excited for Reign, since I think Peter Tomasi's writing is what elevated Death & I don't think he worked on Reign. That trailer looks good, though. Looking forward to it.

Just... Please make the revived Superman look better, lol.

18. Dodge725

Trusted

For anyone interested, there’s a Fathom Event in theaters Jan 13/14 that’s a Double Feature of both Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen.

Davjs and OwainGlyndwr like this.
  19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

A new animated story in that Animated Series style, with the old voice cast (including Kevin Conroy), but instead of something dumb like that Harley one... It's a Justice League story that puts Jessica Cruz Green Lantern front and center. And, tied to the Legion of Super Heroes, a corner of DC that I finally started to appreciate last year.

I'm all in on this.

Joe, Davjs, Deanna and 1 other person like this.
  20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The continuity nerd in me is hoping there’s some kind of acknowledgement about Supergirl having left to be with the Legion.

21. Davjs Jan 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2019)
    Davjs

Trusted

Same! I wonder if it'll actually be in the DCAU continuity or if it's just borrowing the animation style like Batman/Harley Quinn.

Love that they are using Jessica Cruz and Mr Terrific, the latter I don't think did too much with in JL:U and I didn't really like how they handled him in Arrow. Not gonna lie though, would rather have J'onn J'onzz over Miss Martian, esp since she's also in Young Justice!

Raku likes this.
  22. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yeah from what I read on reddit a couple of the OG 7 voice actors for JL said they weren’t contacted for this project, so I’m hoping this is just testing the waters for a full fledged reunion project.

Davjs likes this.
  23. Davjs

Trusted

That would be amazing.

I really liked Justice League Action for what it was, but a new series returning to the DCAU would have my full attention. It really was something special and something I haven't seen since, having all the different series tie in to eachother. Like the MCU of television haha.

24. Davjs

Trusted

Good lord, The Reign of the Supermen is such a crazy ride. I gotta let it sit more, but this may be my favorite DCAU movie. How were they able to pack in so much story into one film and not make it feel rushed or cheesy?

Joe likes this.
  25. ^Still gotta watch both Death and Reign.

Wonder how credible these reports are of a Batman Beyond movie being in the works.