Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Animated Universe • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by younglikeme, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I hope the actual Outsiders group featured on the poster isn’t the main focus....but that being the subtitle of the season that’s pretty obvious where they’re going. I really want the focus to remain on the younger members, featured on that first roster poster with Robin, Blue Beetle, etc.

Raku and Davjs like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

I thought season 2 did a good job at introducing and focusing on the new characters while still have a lot of growth for the orginial ones, so I trust they can do the same. My biggest concern is if they are going to explain on that season 2 cliffanger ;-)

Raku likes this.
  4. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Lol fuck. Geoforce.

5. Raku

Regular

Just as long as they expand on the Meghan and Garfield (Miss Martian and Beast Boy) newfound sibling relationship (that they touched on in season two) then I'm good.

I can never get enough of those two, especially Beast Boy.

Davjs likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

Anyone check out The Death of Superman yet? I liked the story of Superman:Doomsday better but I did like this animation and the fight is pretty brutal. The next movie is going to be awesome though, there are multiple post credit scenes that tease it.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They made it again? I have whatever one came with the book and it was kinda whatever.

8. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, Superman: Doomsday was the first DC animated film released like 10 years ago or whatever. This one is more like the comic and features the JL too which is nice, also a two parter. The next part will be the resurrection of Superman and will have Steel, Cyborg Sup, Superboy and all that :-)

Since Superman: Doomsday took a ton of liberties (for the better IMO), this isn't too much of a retread. Doomsday being the villain is really the only similarity.

9. Davjs

Trusted

Also I'm still enjoying Justice League Action so much with my kids. The show has the most random mash ups and is just having fun.

There was an ep we watched last Saturday where Krypto, Streaky (Supergirl's dog that I didn't know existed) and Plastic Man fought Dex-Starr and Atrocitus. I never knew I wanted that.

10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I thought Streaky was The Flash’s cat. Am I remembering the Krypto superdog show wrong?

11. Davjs

Trusted

I know the show you are talking about but never seen it. Batman had a pup in it too right?

In this JL Action ep, Streaky belonged to Supergirl and had all Krypto's powers so I dunno if they changed it for the show or what.

12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

ACE THE BAT-HOUND. the best super-pet.

Davjs likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

A bunch of new films announced:

Reign of the Supermen
    Justice League vs the Fatal Five
    Batman: Hush
    Wonder Woman: Bloodlines

Davjs and coleslawed like this.
  14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I didn't realise this was the animated thread and I was ready to shout "what are you doing???". Thankfully it is the animated thread.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

So hyped for Hush!

Dunno the stories behind JL vs FF or WW:BL but I love all but 1 JL films (Doom sucked so bad!) and WW is my all time favorite animated film they've done.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

This was fun to listen to/watch.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  18. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Teen Titans Go movie was really funny as expected. And it looks like they're going to bring back the original TT series
    Also I just saw that a bunch of DC animated movies are on Hulu so I'll check some of those out

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I didn't even consider watching Death of Superman because I don't like any of the films in that continuity, and also because the New 52 costume makes me want to take a power drill to my eyes.

But, the iFanboy podcast just released an episode about it, which I decided to listen to, and... It made it sound really good for Superman fans? Much of what they described sounded good. And, Pete Tomasi apparently wrote the script, and his Superman comics from Rebirth until Bendis took over was mostly great.

Who's seen it? Was it good? Was it better than the last Doomsday one, which put me to sleep about halfway through?

20. Davjs

Trusted

It is pretty good. The fight itself is really awesome. Everything else seems kind of rushed and nothing that we haven't seen before. The next movie gets me hyped though, the post credit scenes show the other Supermen coming.

I really liked Superman:Doomsday though and Man of Steel is fantastic, so take my take as you will B-)

21. Davjs

Trusted

[​IMG]

So I never knew these existed, but Netflix has 3 Batman movies called Batman Unlimited. All 3 movies have Batman, Green Arrow and Nightwing, but Red Robin, Flash, Cyborg and even Damian Wayne show up. They are pure kid movies though, so no Damian Assassin back story, but the action and stories are pretty well done. Reminded me of the animated series I watched as a kid and glad I was able to watch these with mine, my 4 year old are pretty into them which makes me happy.

I recommend them for sure, it's a nice change of pace since the other animated movies are trying to be as violent as possible.

22. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

If I'm gonna consider anyone's thoughts on Superman, it certainly won't be yours...lol. I'd almost be more into something with Supes if you said you didn't like it.

Anyways, grabbed it from Redbox and just finished it. In spite of some of what I hate about this continuity, I mostly really loved it. Amazing how Superman is able to shine any time you put a writer on him who genuinely gets and loves him. Some fun references (swapped "who's got you" exchange & Clark's old mermaid girlfriend Lori, lol) and solid action. And, Peter Tomasi's script managed to take this world's bad New 52 continuity, where Lois & Clark didn't get to be an item, and actually turn it into an asset. They were the heart of this in the best way.

I can't decide how interested I am in the next part, though I think it's supposed to be Lois-centric, which is cool. But, regardless, it was nice seeing this one actually work this well. Now just gotta hope the revived Superman has an actual good costume.

Raku likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Joe and Davjs like this.
  24. drewinseries

Drew

Huuuuuuuush.

Though I dislike the DCAU Batman ears. Little nitpicky but w/e

25. Ordered mine too. Love that it comes with Mask of the Phantasm.