Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

DC Animated Universe • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by younglikeme, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Watched Beware the Batman and actually enjoyed it more than I was expecting. Next up at some point will be the brave and the bold series.

Davjs likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

I dug it a lot. Sad it ended since they were building up Harvey's character arc. I liked their use of Alfred and Katana.

3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, me too. I liked the fact that they used some villains I wasn't as familiar with. Didn't use any of the ones we're so used to seeing when it comes to Batman at all.

Davjs likes this.
  4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

agreed. I felt it got even better as it was going. sad it ended. brave and the bold is so fun! I love it.

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it definitely felt like it ended too soon haha.

6. Yes!

7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

That's so great. Watched Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero last night and it got me wanting to watch Phantasm.

I'll hold off.

8. Deanna Jun 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2017)
    Deanna

Trusted Supporter

9. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah that is so awesome. I love that we seem to get about 2 a year I think. They were knocking them all out of the park before Batman Year One, then after that it's been hit or miss but I'm still excited every time one drops.

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

With the exception of The Killing Joke, I've at least thought they were all okay to good lately. That's the only one I can recall actively disliking anyway. I haven't seen them all, but I plan to get through them at some point.

Raku likes this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

Reading down on the list on the link you posted, IMO before Year One they were all great. Since then it's been about half good/half bad for me or just eh.

1. SUPERMAN: DOOMSDAY - Great
    2. JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE NEW FRONTIER - Great
    3. BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT - Great
    4. WONDER WOMAN COMMEMORATIVE EDITION - Super Great
    5. GREEN LANTERN: FIRST FLIGHT - Great
    6. SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES - Great
    7. JUSTICE LEAGUE: CRISIS ON TWO EARTHS - Great
    8. BATMAN: UNDER THE RED HOOD - Super Great
    9. SUPERMAN/BATMAN: APOCALYPSE - Great
    10. ALL-STAR SUPERMAN - Great
    11. GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD KNIGHTS - Great
    12. BATMAN: YEAR ONE - Bad
    13. JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM - Bad
    14. SUPERMAN VS. THE ELITE - Super Great
    15. THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, PART 1 - Good
    16. THE DARK KNIGHTS RETURNS, PART 2 - Good
    17. SUPERMAN: UNBOUND - Ok
    18. JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE FLASHPOINT PARADOX - Good
    19. JUSTICE LEAGUE: WAR - Good
    20. SON OF BATMAN - Bad
    21. BATMAN: ASSAULT ON ARKHAM - Good
    22. JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS - Ok
    23. BATMAN VS. ROBIN - Good
    24. JUSTICE LEAGUE: GODS AND MONSTERS - Good
    25. BATMAN: BAD BLOOD - Bad
    26. JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. TEEN TITANS - Ok
    27. BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE - Bad
    28. JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK - Good
    29. TEEN TITANS: THE JUDAS CONTRACT - Ok

12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I honestly haven't watched any of the early stuff so this makes me glad that I have some great stuff to look forward to. I've mostly watched some of the JL stuff and the Judas Contract.

coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  13. I've watched all of them from Flashpoint Paradox and on, plus the Dark Knight Returns movies. Killing Joke was the only one I disliked. I've enjoyed the rest to varying degrees.

Raku and Deanna like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've seen most of those, but can only remember about seven of them. lol. Lots of forgettable stuff.

Raku and Davjs like this.
  15. Raku, Davjs, RobbieBerns and 2 others like this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yesss

17. Davjs

Trusted

A new flash! Wally is so replaceable huh :tear:

Raku likes this.
  18. younglikeme

ii // YLM

Just a heads up ya'll, a lot of stuff is coming off Netflix on August 1st so be sure to check them out while you can! I'm going to be updating the first post main list with any removals & additions as well so stay tuned for that... in the meantime, check out what's coming off: Everything leaving Netflix, Hulu and HBO in August

Raku likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

Am I the only one watching Justice League Action? Its such a great cartoon with a mix of comedy/action. Sups/Batman/Star Girl all got their bodies switched and seeing Superman fight without powers was really funny.

20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I've been watching it! Really enjoying it. Maybe not as much as Justice League/Unlimited but I think those are some high standards haha. I also like how they're like 10-12 minutes so it doesn't feel like there's any filler within episodes really.

Davjs likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

Oh for sure, I don't think anything will ever beat Unlimited or Young Justice for me. Action is such a treat for me because I have a 4 year old and a wife who doesn't like super comic-y things, so the fact that its short with comedy is easy for us to all watch every Saturday morning together.

22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah and they added some characters we haven't seen too much of in the other shows.

23. Davjs

Trusted

Very true! I like seeing Plastic Man, Swamp and Hawkman! I want more Vixen though, she was only in 1 ep I think (Brainic ep)

Deanna likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

younglikeme and Joe like this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This feels so tonally off.