Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Daytrader Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Mister Lyrical, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Daytrader is dead, long live Daytrader.

Was reminded today of how awesome this band is and it's a shame they'll never make a follow-up to their debut record. I saw this band open so many times and I wish they had caught on with a bigger audience. Anyone else still love these guys?

2. SayHello

Regular

Miss this band. Twelve Years was my favorite album released in 2012. TYM is an incredible vocalist. I wish that Some Stranger album (Tym + Daniel Danger) that was recorded with Will Yip would surface. :(

3. Jake Z

Regular

Super underrated band. Need to revisit this. What were the other projects TYM did around this time? I recall some people saying his band right after Daytrader was great also.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

read up!

5. I loved the EP.

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I miss daytrader very often

7. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

If only they had stuck around just a little longer, the way the scene evolved with Balance and Composure, Citizen, and Title Fight makes me think they would have caught on with a lot more kids.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

deadfriends is such a damn good song.

Like the whole album though, I'm also very partial to Firebreather.

Pepetito and GEM37 like this.
  9. Leftandleaving

The last two songs are two of the best pop punk songs in a very long time

JRGComedy likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah, Letter is great as well.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  11. tvtv

I had their singer Tym on my podcast a few months ago to talk about his time in Daytrader and other bands.

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Letter to a former lover is one of the chillest songs ever. It feels like a mature way to handle and think about an old relationship. I don't know if I'm missing the point and the song is just about being stuck in the past, but that's not what it is to me.

What are they working on now?

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. Leftandleaving

Yeah, it’s a really beautiful song

They broke up like...five years ago

zigbigwig likes this.
  14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Oh right. Should have clarified, I meant after the breakup. The only thing I found after googling is Some Stranger.

15. Leftandleaving

some of the other guys are in heartless breakers, westing, and sunsleeper now. Not sure about tym tho

16. goosetoph

u wut m8?

Some Stranger, Tym's band post-Daytrader recently released their full length, "Meet in Secret, Speak in Code". I guess it was originally recorded back in 2013-14 with Will Yip but kept on getting pushed back. I honestly thought it would never come out as they hadn't updated social media accounts for years.

You can listen at the link below and pre-order the vinyl. I have only listened to it once all the way through but I like it so far.

Welcome

17. FINALLY!! Why is no one else talking about it lol

currytheword likes this.
  18. dpassen1

Thank you!

19. I just listened to it through that website. This is so good. Why is the band not even acknowledging it on their facebook page? I missed Tym's voice and Daniel's guitarwork. I'm floored.

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Loved this record a couple years back. Gotta check out Some Stranger today for sure.

21. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Holy shit, missed this when first posted but what a cool surprise. I thought there was no way this album would see the light of day. Only halfway through but this thing sounds great.

22. Leftandleaving

new ep by heartless breakers

23. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

wow I did not know that Some Stranger LP actually came out, downloading now ty

24. Leftandleaving

kills me there is no track 8 on the record

25. azzy01

Regular

Is it available for purchase somewhere?