Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

David Bowie Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anti-Counter-Culture, Apr 6, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

What other two? Blackstar is my fave, then Low and Scary Monsters.

2. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

I'd say Ziggy, Blackstar, and Let's Dance

3. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Ziggy, Heroes, Low and then Blackstar for me

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  4. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I've been getting back into Station to Station recently.

5. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I listened to it and nine of his other albums at work yesterday (Ziggy through Scary Monsters) and can say that I think it's his most thematically concise, at the very least.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've been listening to his A Reality Tour Live album at work today. Damn, this is a great live album, the guy could really put on a show. I wish I had seen him in concert.

7. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Everytime I remember I will never see Bowie live, I get sad.

8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Finally caught up to Blackstar and it's very good. Wasn't expecting all the jazz elements, but they're really welcome. "Lazarus" and the closing track are definitely my highlights.

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

That last track is amazing. The whole album is like listening to a ghost.

junkmanserenade likes this.
  10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I love Blackstar. "Lazarus" is great. But for whatever reason, when I first heard the line "just like that bluebird" I kept hearing "just like Hans Gruber". Which now makes me double sad every time I listen to the song, because we've got no more Bowie or Rickman. :tear:

11. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Brand new EP released for what would have been his 70th birthday following a documentary that aired on the BBC last night detailing the last five years of his life from music, recording, writing to illness and how he learned and dealt with it. No Plan EP is the last ever recordings of David Bowie and it's hit me all over again:

12. Wall Of Arms

Also can't believe I didn't know about this thread. I've written the blurb for our staff end of year list for Blackstar and hope I did it some sort of justice.

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

This is just the same thing as the Bowie tracks from that Lazarus cast recording, yeah?

14. JohnR831

Regular

Yes! They were previously only available by purchasing the entire cast album. I'm glad they got a standalone release.

15. NitrateDawn

Regular

I'm glad I didn't cave and shell out 17 bucks for the cast recording album just to get those songs. Looking forward to listening to them.

16. Wall Of Arms

For sure.

The documentary last night made me tear up too. So tastefully done.

17. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

Do you know if the doc is up anywhere online to watch? I'd love to watch, it's gotten some great reviews.

18. Wall Of Arms

19. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

These last 3 songs are absolutely incredible. Does anyone else get OK Computer vibes from the music of "No Plan"?

21. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

won several grammys tonight

22. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Same

23. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Really happy he got a couple, but they couldn't have flown Iman in to accept them?

24. Steve Pafford

That video was filmed at the Endell Street launderette in Brockley, close to my London house. ha!

btw, if you love all things Bowie I do hope you will like my blog. I authored a book on the great man several years ago, called BowieStyle, and have written extensively on him (and others) in Mojo, Q, Record Collector etc. This is it:

Bowie Archives -

Turkeylegz and Benjamin Lee like this.
  25. Blaine Ryan

I think Bowie’s cool. I think Lodger rules.

My stepdad’s a fool.