Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

David Bazan - Blanco

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Randall Mentzos, May 28, 2016.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Guys I'm five tracks in and literally blown away. Already sounding like his best release since Pedro The Lion - Control and maybe better.

He finally figured out how to bridge his electronic experimentation with his natural songwriting. Imagine a more atmospheric and grand sounding version of his Headphones 8 bit album. The sound is an exact fit for his somewhat monotone but smooth hummimg voice, he sounds better over synthesizers than guitars in my opinion. And the composition from a melody and chords perspective is great and very emotive thus far. I'm likely buying this on vinyl.

(Listening on Spotify, should be streaming, found out about it through his facebook)

RIYL: The Postal Service/the newest Death Cab album, The National, Sufjan Stevens's softer electronic doodling, Game Boy music

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

3. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Gotta be more leftover Pedro the Lion fans at least than this on this site!

4. bliss_forever

This is very nice. Great opener.

5. 5Stories

Regular

I never really listened to Pedro the Lion so I wasn't familiar with David Bazan but instrumentally I really love this album. I then listened to Control and after one listen I think it's one of the greatest indie rock records I've ever heard, and I've listened to a fair few. So rare an album hits me so immediately. Definitely going to make checking out this guy's discog a new years resolution. Pity there's no Pedro the Lion thread, Control sounds ultra Chrous-friendly.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

respec on that

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted