Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dave and Virginia Grohl at the “Festival of Books”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Dave Grohl and his mother Virginia were interviewed at the LA Times “Festival of Books” over the weekend. Part of the interview, with Dave telling a story about his mom embarrassed him as a kid, is up on YouTube.

2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I was at this festival this weekend, but I didn't know anything about this. Dang. Otherwise I would have tried to be there.

On the flip side I did get to see John Lewis talk about his graphic novel series March, and he was the most inspiring person I've ever had the luck of seeing speak in person. He did a book signing after, at which my wife and I were lucky enough to get him to sign some copies of his book. I told him that I wanted to teach his graphic novel to my students, and without missing a beat he told me "thank you for being a teacher." It's maybe the biggest validation I've ever received from someone before.

Turkeylegz and Jason Tate like this.