Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Daughter - Not to Disappear Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Daughter - Not to Disappear
    January 15th, 2016

[​IMG]

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Beautiful -- really the best word for it -- album.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. This was a super-pleasant surprise for me, it reminds of someone specific and I can't put my finger on it. "No Care" is one of the best songs I've heard this year (all 16 days of it, haha)

4. Sophos

Regular

my review is coming!!!!

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Sophos

Regular

6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This has been my go-to sad record lately

7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

This record wakes me up in the morning.

8. Threads

Regular Prestigious

This is still looking to be my AOTY so far.

I keep forgetting to get tickets for their Columbus show coming up. Hopefully it doesn't sell out before I'm able to grab them.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, this is the best.

10. Deathco_019

Drummer

Just listened to it yesterday for the first time in a while and it's still beautiful.

11. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I played this while driving home from a show last week and it hit me really hard, as it has been since it came out. I didn't realize how loud the bass can get on some of these songs until I turned the volume up in my car. I usually play it quietly when I'm in bed at night.

12. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I'm so excited to see this live tomorrow! So far, this is probably my favorite for the year and I hope to have an even deeper appreciation after seeing it performed live!

13. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome album. Alone is such a damn good song. For whatever reason I always get "I should get a dog or something" stuck in my head.

14. ImAMetaphor

The way Mothers transitions into Alone is superb

15. phaynes1

Regular

Absolutely one of the best of the year so far

16. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

I was not huge into Daughter before but holy shit, I listened to this last night and it slayed me. Not one song on this album that doesn't grab my attention without letting go

17. ImAMetaphor

Have you heard their first, If You Leave? At this point both albums are probably equal for me.

18. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

I definitely have, but it's been a while. I'll have to listen to it soon cause I don't remember it hitting me nearly as much as this has

19. ImAMetaphor

Word, I think it's a gorgeous album, but they clearly try some new things and push their sound in new places on Not To Disappear. The first song on If You Leave is still probably my favorite Daughter song, though.

20. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I really need to revisit this. It fell out of my 2016Q1 #1 spot to #4 mainly because I haven't touched it since Feburary cuz it was the only thing I'd listen to in January.

21. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Now that it's spring, I'd only ever listen to it at night probably. Just doesn't feel right listening during a warm day.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  22. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

This is such a good album.

23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Or a rainy morning drive to work

24. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Since it was cold and snowing today, I listened to it on my way back from college. I really love "How", "No Care", and "Made Of Stone" a lot more than I used to, which is great, cuz I loved the last two quite a bit beforehand.

25. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Finally seeing them tonight, cannot begin to convey my excitement.