Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Daughter - Music From Before The Storm (September 1, 2017)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by zmtr, Sep 1, 2017.

1. zmtr

Trusted

[​IMG]
    01. Glass
    02. Burn It Down
    03. Flaws
    04. Hope
    05. The Right Way Around
    06. Witches
    07. Departure
    08. All I Wanted
    09. I Can’t Live Here Anymore
    10. Dreams Of William
    11. Improve
    12. Voices
    13. A Hole In The Earth

This is basically a soundtrack for the sequel to the amazing video game entitled "Life Is Strange". The original game had a fantastic soundtrack as well. Featuring Local Natives, Jose Gonzalez, Angus & Julia Stone, alt-J, Foals, Bright Eyes, and more.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. zmtr

Trusted

So.. I'm loving this so far. I hadn't heard "Burn It Down" when it was released as a single and I loved it on first listen.

The majority of this is instrumental but it's absolutely gorgeous sounding. Gonna be a great fall bike ride album for me.

vidiviciveni and jordanjohnson09 like this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh shit.

4. zmtr

Trusted

These instrumental cuts have no business being this good. It's kind of blowing my mind. "The Right Way Around" is amazing.

jordanjohnson09 likes this.
  5. jordanjohnson09

Regular

this and penny and sparrow - wendigo are really perfect releases for this rainy day where i am

6. zmtr

Trusted

Woah P&S released an album today?! Good looks.. "Let a Lover..." is great. I used to listen to Finery on repeat

7. zmtr

Trusted

Ok wow.. "All I wanted"

8. jordanjohnson09

Regular

they haven't changed much hah.

9. zmtr

Trusted

Yeah all of their work sounds exactly the same but it's still a pleasant listen

10. vidiviciveni

Trusted

This is mostly what I come to this site for

11. This is amazing. Checked it out because I'm playing Life Is Strange right now and damn, really incredible. Shouldn't be surprising because the music in LiS is wonderful, but this is just what I needed.

12. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I had no idea this even existed. Now playing.

13. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Whoops. Didn’t even realize this was a soundtrack, assumed it was their new album. This is real good so far, Flaws gave me some major chills.

14. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I can't believe I didn't know this existed until now.

I just watched this viral video of an artist named Tash Sultana who is apparently popular? Sounded great but the intro sounded exactly like a Daughter song

15. Didn't realize this was a soundtrack. No wonder there's not much singing haha. Was looking to get into this band and just played the top thing that was on Spotify, and was a little confused. Glad I checked out their previous releases then worked my way back to this one. They're amazing. Loved Life is Strange. I really need to play the prequel.

16. jordanjohnson09

Regular

so elena has a new single out and album out on friday

Tomozaurus likes this.
  17. K0ta Nov 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2018)
    K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

So this soundtrack is from a game called Life Is Strange: Before the Storm, a prequel to Life Is Strange, probably my favorite game of all time. LiS uses music and atmosphere to create intense and nostalgic moods. Daughter were approached to create the soundtrack and they did a FANTASTIC job. They capture the angst and heartbreak that our protagonist Chloe faces, the pain of youth and loss, while songs like "Glass," "Hope," and "Voices" feel like a bright and sprawling sky is opening up around you. I understand this album within the context of the game, and it's absolutely breathtaking. I listen to it all the time and cannot detach myself from the moods it creates within the game, so I'd be curious to hear from someone who never played the game and how it feels to them.

18. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

The song Romance is amazing

19. jordanjohnson09

Regular

preorder links

20. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

21. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Maybe there’s a thread I’m missing but why is no one talking about the Ex:Re record it’s fucking unbelievable

22. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

It's become one of my go-to records to put on during this finals season. It's perfect for writing, reading, etc. I've never been the biggest Daughter fan, so I've been surprised by how much I keep coming back to this Ex:Re record.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Paddy, Dirty Sanchez and K0ta like this.
  24. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

^^ Holy FU** this is good, and painful. As is the tradition of anything I hear Elena sing.

Anywhere I can preorder this stateside? Or do I have to import it? Would really like to get my hands on this vinyl.

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

someone recommended this for fans of Blushing, its very different but I really love it.