Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

(Reasons We're Probably Not) Dating Or In A Relationship Thread NSFW • Page 636

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

have you reached out to her since she's graduated or anything?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

no, she graduated december that year. we have talked since, but only in the 2-3 months following the breakup, usually her being really upset and angry i was moving on. she deleted me off facebook but could still see a lot of stuff and when she saw i was with elena she was really really hurt by it, nothing since then. i can't in good faith strike up a convo with her while i'm dating someone no matter how rocky things are rn

angrycandy likes this.
  3. Shrek

honestly if i wind up single there's a 95% chance i open that wound and reach out eventually and i hate that i know that but i'm a fucking idiot and ya gotta commit to the gimmick lol

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

it could be a terrible idea or the best one you ever had

who's to say until you know

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

My “what if” person added me on Facebook the other day. She was my best friend of like six years, but things always happened that prevented us from ever dating even though we always had feelings for each other. She’s married now, it’s weird to see but I’m glad things worked out for her. Life is a strange journey sometimes

Anyways things didn’t work out with the person I was messaging from tinder so back to the drawing board

May have to go buy more shoes or something at a store an hour away

6. dylan

DO IT

electro haikus and Joe4th like this.
  7. dylan

bring your grandma

8. dylan

live stream it

9. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

"Ya never know know what you know now then", as they say.

11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Man, I got really drunk on Saturday night while watching football. This woman came over to my friends/his dads house and my friend has videos of her and I with each others shirts on, dancing. I don't remember that at all. She just sent me her phone number on Instagram. I think she's like 38 :crylaugh:

12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

My work takes me to Metro Detroit like twice a week now so I tend to drive by exits to her city, and even though I'm in a healthy wonderful relationship of 3 years, I'm still like, "what if it'd been different?" It's a mind fuck and a half. Especially when I have a whole day of just driving around doing work so it's just me in my car and thoughts.

electro haikus, Joe4th and dylan like this.
  13. dylan

what do you do for work?

14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Sale rep for a local brewery.

angrycandy, dylan and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. dylan

Joe4th and bigmike like this.
  16. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

lol waking my girl up to smoke, letting her fall back asleep telling her ill wake her asking her if she wants to smoke again with me before bed has been my late nights as of late. its a pretty sweet gig. she gets her rest, I get the inevitably needed solo time all relationships need and we still get our lil smoke/night bond on lol.

17. Shrek

lol sounds like an awesome synergy dude. glad it sounds like lifes a little more lax than it was a couple months ago for you two.

sleepy, angrycandy and dylan like this.
  18. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

thanks man, it has calmed down quite a bit - still has its moments but it's largely stress cus of surroundings and the fact we both are very emotional and sensitive folks, growing up at the same time...... bound to bash a bit. February is 7 years though..... we're at a point its not a "lets just whine and kick it down the road" its always "So we working on this or is this gunna be the dumb shit that ends it?" which always leads to working it out lol.
    and we both have similar baggage (emotional support depravity) in our lives with my fam never respecting my mental health stuff and her dad never even being someone she knew till she was 22... we just went about our coping differently.... I hermit/recluse, she fiends for attention/affection. biggest difference.

BLAH TL;DR being in your 20s in love sucks cus you have the best intentions but are still so confused/frustrated/clusterfucked by youth and the real world clashing.

supernovagirl and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Hah, thank you. It's good and bad. It's hard to complain about all of the perks of it, but I feel the pressure to be a salesman when I am not that at all; I'm not competitive enough for it. What has been good has been reassuring talks I have with other people who remind me that I'm more of a manager of relationships between the brewery I work for and our distributor. Essentially, I'm a mascot or a face that they can associate with the company so they buy more of our beer. So that helps. And it helps being a fat bearded white dude in the most fat bearded white dude dominated field of work like ever. Ups and downs. The travel has just started last week so I'm loving it. Feels pretty professional.

And basically being expected to drink beer with lunch during work is a pretty sweet perk.

20. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone had to deal with a quarter life crisis yet?

I think I have that anxiety coming and going rn. Never had that before. It's kinda strong. How do you deal with it?

Had a bad break up a month ago that's triggering it.

supernovagirl, Colby Searcy and dylan like this.
  21. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I've been in quarter life crisis mode for a while now.

22. St. Nate

Wait aren't you like 20?

23. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

same. i deal with it by acting impulsively and self sabotaging my personal and professional relationships. it's working out GREAT

24. St. Nate

Get outta here and come back once you reach mid/late 20s, ya punk kid.

25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Come drink with me! ;-p

Colby Searcy, dylan and dadbolt like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.